• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Grecian Archive: Players and fans, a history of interaction

Pete Martin (CTID)

Very well known Exeweb poster
Ta SB,never seen him in my 10years + of being a ST holder.
Frankly I find that amazing. Martin is one of the most ever-present Trust figures to be found around the club and is often to be seen at the Trust table on matchdays.

This from the Trust website......

Martin Weiler (Trustee)

A City fan for over 40 years, Martin was elected as a Trustee in 2013. Prior to this he had been a co-opted Trustee from 2010. Martin serves on the Community Working Group and is Co-ordinator of its One Game One Community Group which seeks to address diversity and equality issues in football. In 2012 Martin was the winner of the Devon Community Foundation Trustee of the Year award. In 2014 he also became a Trustee of the Exeter City Football in the Community Trust. Martin is particularly interested in the heritage of the Club and has worked on the various Brazil projects. He is a regular contributor on Club history to the matchday programme. Martin recently retired as a Manager with the Environment Agency and also volunteers as Chair of Trustees for St Sidwell’s Community Centre.

iscalad

Ta SB,never seen him in my 10years + of being a ST holder.
He sits in the Flybe, Big bank end. ie just in front of me.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
This is an excellent 25 minutes worth of entertainment for any City fan. Very Cleverly filmed and produced. Well done to all concerned. 'Sticky status' wouldn't go amiss for a while.
Would you be interested in being interviewed and discussing players from when you started watching City? Genuine question, and would hope the Archive team would be able to organise something.

grecian greg

Well-known Exeweb poster
It was a great thing to be part off. Glad you all enjoyed it. UTC

PeteUSA

It was a great thing to be part off. Glad you all enjoyed it. UTC
Yes, it was excellent Greg. I'm really pleased that Hants took my suggestion in the second post and made it a sticky. Over 1,000 views.

older-codger

This was one of a number of workshops that been held thanks to the valuable relationship with the University who primarily fund them. In particular there is a lot of work put in by Prof Gabriella Giannachi and Will Barrett in order to facilitate them and produce the videos. Another example of the many things that go on behind the scenes at ECFC.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Off to the Memories sub forum!