• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Home Attendances and Atmosphere

fred binneys head

Very well known Exeweb poster
Exactly, if we were 4th in the league we’d take far more than 400 to Peterborough.

Rosencrantz

I'm pretty confident we will take more to Oxford and Peterborough, which is the same drive in reverse
We would. But then again we are used to having to put in the miles. Coming down here (us or Argyle) for Peterborough is probably their version of Hartlepool for us. It's like when we go to Walsall. Every time I have been there the stewards comment on the long trip we have made only to be told it's one of our easier ones. But for them it's one of their longest trips.

Bat Fastard

We would. But then again we are used to having to put in the miles. Coming down here (us or Argyle) for Peterborough is probably their version of Hartlepool for us. It's like when we go to Walsall. Every time I have been there the stewards comment on the long trip we have made only to be told it's one of our easier ones. But for them it's one of their longest trips.
also, Peterborough playing in league one would be our equivalent of playing in league 2 - for their supporters a trip down to exeter is no doubt less appealing than similarly long journeys made in previous seasons in the championship

Northants Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
It’s a good 3.5- 4 hr drive from Peterborough to city - and petrol/diesel isn’t cheap so I feel 400 is no disgrace.

we had a stretch of 3/4 league 2 games last season with double digit away attendances so getting sniffy about 400 feels harsh

Bridgy 81

My wife’s sister used to live within walking distance of Stadium MK so that was convenient on occasions.
She’s recently moved to Wellingborough which is less than an hour from Peterborough.
I may be offering to call in to say hello to her next April (around the 10th). I’ll take an Easter Egg.

Last edited:

sign of the chimes

There must be a good chance that our next three home games; Ipswich, Wednesday and Portsmouth; all sell out which should give Gary's January transfer fund a decent boost.
Unfortunately, given what I've watched over the last six weeks I can also pretty much guarantee you some points from at least one of those matches. Had Morecambe had their shooting boots on yesterday we could have easily lost 4 or 5-1.

tonykellowfan

I'm pretty confident we will take more to Oxford and Peterborough, which is the same drive in reverse
We take more to those games as Exiles will be going. I doubt very much that many Oxford or Peterborough fans live near Exeter but there are a lot of Exeter fans in the SE who can get to these games.

fred binneys head

I get the point about Walsall but I can never understand the argument that “we are used to having to put in the miles”. A mate of mine says that to me, “you’re bound to bring more than us as you’re used to travelling” - that should make it worse, surely?

If every other week our fans have to travel hundreds of miles, spending a fortune on petrol, trains, hotels, etc why does that mean more people will travel? I get that it means the thought of spending a whole day to watch the football won’t put as many people off, but that should be applauded, not used as a reason why we should take comparatively more away from home.

Anyway, UTC.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
If you don't already have a ticket for the Ipswich game you'd better get a move on and get one!

iscalad

If you don't already have a ticket for the Ipswich game you'd better get a move on and get one!

I can't go, so have turned mine in. In the Selco.