• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Horse Racing Thread

Legohead

Banned
Not quite the exact same but there is a horse running shortly in the 5.45 at the Currragh called Bowerman.

Alistair20000

Very well known Exeweb poster
Not quite the exact same but there is a horse running shortly in the 5.45 at the Currragh called Bowerman.
A respectable 2nd

Legohead

Banned
A few that stand out for me today.

Appropriately named LOCKDOWN running in the first at Windsor under Andrea Atzeni. CHARLIE D in the 5 o'clock at Newmarket for the in form Kingscote / Dascombe team.

Also along an Exeter theme, Fishable (Alex Fisher) is a decent price 6/1 in the 1.45 at Hamilton and I like the look of that horse too. Not literally as that would be bloody weird but in a punting sense. :p

Alistair20000

Wembley making his debut in a few minutes time at The Curragh. One of three from Aidan O’Brien and looks least fancied of the trio with Mr Beggy jocked up.

Legohead

Banned
Well Lockdown came 2nd and continues to find one two good. Fishable was an excellent 3rd at 14/1 for an each way bet and Charlie D won at 18/5 so all round not a bad day for me.

Alistair20000

Proud Archi going in the 8.00 at Thirsk tomorrow evening and City Wanderer in the 8.30

Legohead

Banned
Anyone see the Derby today. I don't mean Rams v Forest. I mean the Epsom Derby. Not seen anything like that for a long time in such a huge race. Aidan O'Brien's Serpentine at 25/1 ridden by Emmet McNamara led the race from the start, pulled clear and everyone was just thinking he was a no hoper pacemaker who would burn out quickly and fade to last up the straight. However two furlongs out he was an absolute mile clear and it was obvious then that the other jockeys in behind had vastly underestimated this horse and given him far too much rope out in front.

Serpentine just kept on galloping and it was a bloodless win over some really useful types. Interesting to see how Serpentine fares now after this hugely impressive and shock victory.

On a side note. Plenty of owners and associates dressed up to the nines today and not distancing from what I could see.

Alistair20000

Anyone see the Derby today. I don't mean Rams v Forest. I mean the Epsom Derby. Not seen anything like that for a long time in such a huge race. Aidan O'Brien's Serpentine at 25/1 ridden by Emmet McNamara led the race from the start, pulled clear and everyone was just thinking he was a no hoper pacemaker who would burn out quickly and fade to last up the straight. However two furlongs out he was an absolute mile clear and it was obvious then that the other jockeys in behind had vastly underestimated this horse and given him far too much rope out in front.

Serpentine just kept on galloping and it was a bloodless win over some really useful types. Interesting to see how Serpentine fares now after this hugely impressive and shock victory.

On a side note. Plenty of owners and associates dressed up to the nines today and not distancing from what I could see.
Saw it Lego.

I think a lot of the jockeys will have red faces having let Serpentine get away like that.

I do not think this will prove to be a vintage Derby.

IndoMike

Would be interesting to see what Serpentine's time was. If it wasn't really good then indeed the other jockey's must be a bit embarrassed about that.
What with no crowds and a procession of a race it was a real anti-climax.

Legohead

Banned
Would be interesting to see what Serpentine's time was. If it wasn't really good then indeed the other jockey's must be a bit embarrassed about that.
What with no crowds and a procession of a race it was a real anti-climax.
I'm not sure of the time Mike but it's a fair point. This could have been a fluke or that Serpentine is a special horse in the making. We'll see. Meanwhile news recently from Frankie Dettori adamant that he isn't retiring. Given the ride he's just given Coral Eclipse favourite Enable at Sandown just now he should maybe reconsider.