• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

How do we remove Tisdale

richard_portland

Very well known Exeweb poster
Backing Gary Caldwell, thanks Matt and good luck.
Book seats in the old grandstand close to home dugouts to make sure any protest is understood?

rightwing

Well-known Exeweb poster
With Eamon Dolan and Alex Inglethorpe leaving of their own free volition, as far as I am aware there has never been a laid down procedure for dismissing a manager since the Trust took control. However, as Tisdale was appointed by a joint Trust/Club interviewing panel then I similarly believe that his dismissal should again be through a joint Trust/Club decision.
I believe that Tisdale would have the support of the Club but, after pressure is brought to bear on the Trust Directors on the new Board, potentially there might initially be a stalemate with the voting at 4-4. The Trust Board’s trump card however is in the last set of Trust Board minutes.

Club Board Directors Re-Appointment
LO noted that both Julian Tagg and Paul Morrish were due for re-appointment (or not) to the Club Board. They were obliged to provide written details of their achievements, etc. before the Club AGM for the TB to consider and decide upon the appropriateness of re-appointment.
MW asked if the TB would need to meet prior to the Club AGM to make this decision but LO noted that there was no obligation for this if the written statements were satisfactory. However, they would both, if requested, be obliged to attend a TB should that be the preferred route.

I particularly like the “(or not)” comment which I feel reflects a growing sense of Trust governance. The vote on whether to retain Tisdale’s services should be taken before the possible reappointment of Tagg and Morrish is considered. Pressure can then be exerted on these two to support the motion to dismiss.

Langer

Serve notice hes got two years to get better and save his job simple I think hes had enough anyways just wants the golden handshake nothing to do with todays result it was the Warrington one that done it for me but its time for a change for both party's.

Red Devon

Sack!!! the bloke is it really that difficult.

Alistair20000

The problem is that they are in awe/**** scared of Tisdale. It needs someone to stand up and say enough is enough but it appears the manager doesn't answer to anyone so we'll just sit idly by until the Grimes money runs out and we end up in a mess again.
The Grimes money is a bit of a two edged sword. Yes, it is a brilliant shot in the arm to the finances if used wisely. However, it is the perfect get out of jail free card for the Club Board. The money will no doubt be used to subsidise Perryman, Tisdale (ovepaid for current "achievement") Taggy et al.

Thames Valley Red

Sack!!! the bloke is it really that difficult.
Have Exeter fans lost their senses...........is it not just rather basic. Indeed the Board need to just sack him or put him on gardening leave and relieve him of his first team duties, put someone in place and then get someone in place. After 2/3 months of sitting in his backside I am sure he would get another role in or out of football. At the same time booking tickets in OG and having a banner saying "Tisdale OUT!" would be a start.

I can forgive a performance where we were unlucky and ran them hard, I will NEVER forgive Oakley for tippy tappy football sideways in the first half!

Time for a new CYCLE!

UTC

TVR

Taz

We can sum all this up in the famous Albert Einstein quote: "Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again but expecting different results." firstly in respect to PT and his tactics which just don't work...

but unfortunately secondly to US; we travelled down this road late last year and all that happened was Tis changed his tactics for a few games, got a few lucky results, and everyone dropped the online petition... If action is to be taken it needs to be sustained, no matter what results come.

LOG

I'm just thinking aloud, which is dangerous, and my logic may be flawed. This also isn't to say that i think it should happen, but...

In the post-Grimes era, we are, for the first time since Tisdale was appointed, in a position where we could actually afford to sack him.

Under a "normal" ownership model, the money to sack a manager could come from the club owner's pocket. However, under our own model and as the money has come from a player sale, could he argue unfair dismissal on the basis that had the money that was used to pay him off instead been put towards the playing budget, he could have signed better players, done a better job etc?

I'm not sure how FFP might also be a factor.

Alistair20000

I'm just thinking aloud, which is dangerous, and my logic may be flawed. This also isn't to say that i think it should happen, but...

In the post-Grimes era, we are, for the first time since Tisdale was appointed, in a position where we could actually afford to sack him.

Under a "normal" ownership model, the money to sack a manager could come from the club owner's pocket. However, under our own model and as the money has come from a player sale, could he argue unfair dismissal on the basis that had the money that was used to pay him off instead been put towards the playing budget, he could have signed better players, done a better job etc?

I'm not sure how FFP might also be a factor.
That sounds like a bean feast for m' learned friends Lionel. Those feckers need to be avoided like the plague.

Red Devon

Have Exeter fans lost their senses..........

TVR
Yes! they have been obsessed with politics since the trust took over!....sack the bloke like any other club!!