• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Injuries

MJP_Exeter

Well-known Exeweb poster
It is a problem. Some of the named available players are also carrying knocks. Really think we need some returning players available and / or top up with loan. We look very static in midfield and lightweight up front. Here's hoping we get something sorted by Sat.
Harley to re-sign ;) Swindon will do a deal to let us have him for free until January to put him in the shop window.

Avening Posse

Very well known Exeweb poster
Going by the squad you've said the best 11 I can make would be:

Pym
Dawson Ribeiro Oakley Bennett Riley Lowe
Grimes Davies
Keohane
Nichols Watkins

Subs: Hamon, Tilson, Butterfield, Pope, Jay, Under18, Under 18

Quite a week side compared to what we had avaliable to us a couple weeks back. Cummins did say on Kellows on Monday evening that he hoped to be fit for Saturday so fingers crossed.
Even though he has been great in defence, needs must and I reckon Oakley will go back into midfield maybe and we go 4-4-2 ??

grecIAN Harris

The best I came to was

Pym
Butterfield, Dawson, Oakley, Ribeiro, Riley-Lowe
Grimes Bennett
Davies
Keohane Nichols

Even this way though we're lightweight going forward and not 100% at the back either. Really need some bodies back out of the treatment room I'd say. Hopefully we'll have a strong enough line-up to get a positive result on Saturday come what may.
What is this fascination people have got with playing Keohane up front. He isn't, wasn't and never will be a striker of any description.

Terryhall

What is this fascination people have got with playing Keohane up front. He isn't, wasn't and never will be a striker of any description.
I agree, the fact he's there in the line-up I came up with is more due to the number of people out injured, rather than me thinking he is a striker. My comment goes on to say that this is very lightweight up top and hopefully some of the injuries will be back this weekend (e.g. Cummins).

Terryhall

CamECFC

With the injuries we have we will either have to put one out of Woodman, Cummins and Mr Backwards passing on the bench and not use them. Or, dip into the under-18's. Maybe one of the second years? Or we get a very unlikely, in my opinion, loan deal for someone.. would be Harley if anyone, no doubt.
My team would be:
4-3-3
Pym
Ribiero, Bennett, Oakley,Riley-Lowe.
Keohane,Butterfield,Grimes.
Nichols, Watkins, Jay.
Subs: Hamon,Dawson,Tillson,Davies,Pope,Byrne.. Harley/Cummins/Noble/Woodman?

4-3-3 to play a young,fast,confident front 3 who can tear apart a nervy Hartlepool defence. Only change for me would be Dawson for Keohane to offer a more solid 3 in the middle of midfield.

On the up

With the injuries we have we will either have to put one out of Woodman, Cummins and Mr Backwards passing on the bench and not use them. Or, dip into the under-18's. Maybe one of the second years? Or we get a very unlikely, in my opinion, loan deal for someone.. would be Harley if anyone, no doubt.
My team would be:
4-3-3
Pym
Ribiero, Bennett, Oakley,Riley-Lowe.
Keohane,Butterfield,Grimes.
Nichols, Watkins, Jay.
Subs: Hamon,Dawson,Tillson,Davies,Pope,Byrne.. Harley/Cummins/Noble/Woodman?

4-3-3 to play a young,fast,confident front 3 who can tear apart a nervy Hartlepool defence. Only change for me would be Dawson for Keohane to offer a more solid 3 in the middle of midfield.
Blimey when you see our team options like this we really do look clever but slow in midfield and lightweight upfront. Really hope squad gets bolstered by returning players or unexpected loan.

Last edited:

Red Bill

For what its worth I thought Pope looked really good when he came on on Tuesday night. Admittedly we were 3-0 down and the game was effectively over by then but he seems very attack minded and I was impressed with the way he put himself about. Certainly wouldn't be upset if he played a part on Saturday.

On the up

Seems that we may be quite likely to see a couple of Injured players returning. Great news if it happens. May also get one or two onto the bench. Nice if we were able to set out a more physically stronger team against the monkey hangers.

Silver fox

Seems that we may be quite likely to see a couple of Injured players returning. Great news if it happens. May also get one or two onto the bench. Nice if we were able to set out a more physically stronger team against the monkey hangers.
Exactly Otu, let's get at em from the off tomorrow. UTC