• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Interesting & Unusual International Fixtures

Colesman Ballz

Very well known Exeweb poster
"Inverted Norwich, you're just an inverted Norwich"
Good shout, however I don't think that Trabant would be in the same class as Lotus for a shirt sponsor ! :p

sign of the chimes

Good shout, however I don't think that Trabant would be in the same class as Lotus for a shirt sponsor ! :p
Tbf I think they had Proton for a while.

Edit - and here we are:

1651449928462.png

Oldsmobile-88

The Asian ‘Group of death’ to qualify for USA ‘94.
Iran,Iraq & North Korea were under economic sanctions from the US at the time, a awkward situation between FIFA & the US Government was averted by all 3 not qualifying.

5325B1A0-64DD-4052-B83E-1CB1B617543B.jpeg

Oldsmobile-88

Maradona's number 10 shirt that was worn in the famous 1986 World Cup Q/F game against England in the Aztec Stadium, Mexico City has sold at auction for £7,142,500 !

Steve Hodge swapped shirts with the Argentinian at the end of the game.. Nice little bonus for the fella.

Spoonz Red E

Maradona's number 10 shirt that was worn in the famous 1986 World Cup Q/F game against England in the Aztec Stadium, Mexico City has sold at auction for £7,142,500 !

Steve Hodge swapped shirts with the Argentinian at the end of the game.. Nice little bonus for the fella.
I hope the buyer kept his receipt in case it's the wrong size.

Oldsmobile-88

I hope the buyer kept his receipt in case it's the wrong size.
There was a delegation from the Argentine FA wanting to buy the shirt, willing to pay many millions as quoted by a collector on a news bulletin this evening.
They are going home disappointed.

elginCity

The sequel ... "The Man Without Maradona's Shirt in the Bahamas".... :)

ramone

Well-known Exeweb poster
If i had to agree with you we would both be wrong
Would have been so funny if a diehard millionaire England fan walked outside the auction house and set light to it !

Colesman Ballz

Would have been so funny if a diehard millionaire England fan walked outside the auction house and set light to it !
If the "shredded" Banksy is a barometer even the remains would increase in price at least tenfold ! :p

Oldsmobile-88