• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Ipswich away - Saturday 29 April [Fancy Dress?]

We have a few weeks to work on this as it will take participants more than 7 days to organise an outfit so why don't we, wholeheartedly, throw ourselves at a Fancy Dress awayday? Especially as this is the last game of the season (not withstanding POs)

Reasons?

a) I look on jealously at the fun Hartlepool United have on their last away game of the season, Smurfs, Stormtroopers etc. (its worth a search on YouTube for some of their exploits) and I like fun
b) We have done it before with a cross-dressing adventure at Brentford on the last game of the season and it's about time we did fancy dress again. (I should share the anecdote about one of our party losing bag and wallet in Brentford in a lovely summer dress)
c) We have got a whole host of Scotsmen now involved with the club, how about a Scottish theme and get right behind them? i.e. Kilts (but none of the little dagger affairs)
d) Kilts are relatively easy to come by (I found one on ebay for £15) and a lot cheaper than hiring an outfit and they do red ones and all. Rather niffty with some Red and white football socks and City shirt.
e) It will be a lot warmer then, I did think about supporting the manager and new players at Burton, but thought that the wind might whistle where I didn't want it whistling (it will be comparatively balmy in April)
f) There should be quite a few travelling (isn't there always these days) so the impact of over a hundred (or more) won't go unnoticed especially crossing London (for train travellers)
g) It sounds like fun to me and of course, any opportunity to put on a frock.

Who's up for a bit of an adventure?

Alistair20000

Very well known Exeweb poster
Do you propose going commando ?

fred binneys head

I’m up for it as long as people do it. I was told loads of people were going in fancy dress away to Darlington on the last day of the season in the early 1990s when we lost 5-2 but stayed up, so I went dressed as a clown and was the only one there in fancy dress 🤣

My brother, a mate and I then went to Darlington again when we got promoted back into the league and, again, there was talk about loads of people doing fancy dress (on here, as by then we had Exeweb), so we went dressed as sumo wrestlers with inflatable costumes. How many others were in fancy dress? None 🤣

I also went to the promotion game at Rotherham away dressed as Paul Tisdale (latex bald head, full suit, cravat) but there were a few others dressed up then.

So, I’ll join in but you bastards had better join in too!

Spoonz Red E

d) Kilts are relatively easy to come by (I found one on ebay for £15) and a lot cheaper than hiring an outfit and they do red ones and all. Rather niffty with some Red and white football socks and City shirt.
Good lad.
There's fancy but glad you've been careful to mention Scottish kit without the traditional argyle socks.

Red Devon

I’m up for it as long as people do it. I was told loads of people were going in fancy dress away to Darlington on the last day of the season in the early 1990s when we lost 5-2 but stayed up, so I went dressed as a clown and was the only one there in fancy dress 🤣

My brother, a mate and I then went to Darlington again when we got promoted back into the league and, again, there was talk about loads of people doing fancy dress (on here, as by then we had Exeweb), so we went dressed as sumo wrestlers with inflatable costumes. How many others were in fancy dress? None 🤣

I also went to the promotion game at Rotherham away dressed as Paul Tisdale (latex bald head, full suit, cravat) but there were a few others dressed up then.

So, I’ll join in but you bastards had better join in too!
Don’t worry everyone else are going in fancy dress ;)

fred binneys head

Don’t worry everyone else are going in fancy dress ;)
*orders kilt*

Bridgy 81

I have accommodation booked (in Felixstowe) for this one in Ipswich.
I must admit I like a fancy dress and I’ve done Angus Young (AC/DC), John Travolta, Benny Hill’s Ernie and Daffyd from Little Britain amongst others in the past.
Maybe though I’m a bit past it now, but I’ll still be there at Portman Road.

Grecian in Guzz

Well-known Exeweb poster
I have accommodation booked (in Felixstowe) for this one in Ipswich.
I must admit I like a fancy dress and I’ve done Angus Young (AC/DC), John Travolta, Benny Hill’s Ernie and Daffyd from Little Britain amongst others in the past.
Maybe though I’m a bit past it now, but I’ll still be there at Portman Road.
Go on Bridgy - do your best Big Yin Caldwell !

The QOTPOD team are up for this and we will now start to promote this on the podcast. Is their a theme, or are we just going to go freestyle. Great idea. Can I also suggest we add inflatables like this old days. I am sure we could all get inflatable bananas and create a real party. Great idea.

Great idea and yes. Ignore the post above it makes no sense - kilts - pc went barmy!