• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Ipswich Town (H) Discussion Thread

Grecianpasty

There is no way in a million years, Kyle Taylor will be "on the grass" by January 2023.
The article must be misleading saying the end of January.

My understanding was always that he won't be playing again this year, although I assumed that his rehabilitation is ahead of time from the article.

andrew p long

Very well known Exeweb poster
The article must be misleading saying the end of January.

My understanding was always that he won't be playing again this year, although I assumed that his rehabilitation is ahead of time from the article.
The Devon Live article says until 'at least January'.

I read this as not a quote from GC but the reporter compiling the article with the aid of a computer/database and recycling a reference to the 'won't be back this year'. This is typical local sports journalism nowadays. Someone who knows nothing but is armed with a computer/access to the internet/ a back catalogue of articles.

fred binneys head

Does it say which January?

Billy The Fish

Well-known Exeweb poster
40% of Ipswich fans on their forum are predicting a draw, 27% an Ipswich win and 33% a City win.

I reckon it'll be a close run thing with both teams to score. 2-1 City, Stanno with both.

Red Devon

There is no way in a million years, Kyle Taylor will be "on the grass" by January 2023.
Think he’s been doing quite a bit of work “on the bike” 😄

DawlishBouy

40% of Ipswich fans on their forum are predicting a draw, 27% an Ipswich win and 33% a City win.

I reckon it'll be a close run thing with both teams to score. 2-1 City, Stanno with both.
I checkout other clubs’ forums and I’m quite often surprised at how little activity there is on some of the "big boys" forums. The poll you’re referring to is on tractor-boysdotcom and is a sample based on votes of just 15 people. The City match preview thread has just 15 posts and has been viewed just 380 times compared to 53 posts and over 5,000 views on Exeweb’s match discussion thread.
Exeweb 5 tractorboys 0
Don't like predicting actual scores though.

Devon Red

Well-known Exeweb poster
I checkout other clubs’ forums and I’m quite often surprised at how little activity there is on some of the "big boys" forums. The poll you’re referring to is on tractor-boysdotcom and is a sample based on votes of just 15 people. The City match preview thread has just 15 posts and has been viewed just 380 times compared to 53 posts and over 5,000 views on Exeweb’s match discussion thread.
Exeweb 5 tractorboys 0
Same, I'm yet to come across a forum that beats Exeweb in terms of activity and how useable it is.

Avening Posse

Exeweb 5 tractorboys 0
Quite surprised by that. Do they have more than one maybe so the posts are shared?. Really looking forward to this one, loving this season and Ipswich has that “big game” feel for me. Would be a fantastic scalp as they’ve started really well. I’m sure we will concede so let’s hope the boys up front do the biz UTC

Andy_H

Sadly we have a Conundrum in that a draw, or an ECFC win, would play into the hands of PAFC, as it would take points away from one of their rivals. Let's hope Burton can do a 'Grimsby' on them, although i wouldn't hold my breath.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Tickets are temporarily off sale to see how much space will be taken up by Sky cameras.