• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Ipswich Town (H) Discussion Thread

Andy_H

A friend who, due to transport problems, now can't attend has 'hopefully' returned his ticket for re sale, seated in 'F' block Selco Stand i think!

John William

Well-known Exeweb poster
Tickets are temporarily off sale to see how much space will be taken up by Sky cameras.
Sky taking this one seriously, maybe with more cameras than usual for a L1 game? I assume the commentary box will be in the corner of the BB nearest the railway? Sounds like there will be no more tickets.

BTW, I hope the BB will keep the language down, but fear they won't. :mad:

Oldsmobile-88

Very well known Exeweb poster
Sky taking this one seriously, maybe with more cameras than usual for a L1 game? I assume the commentary box will be in the corner of the BB nearest the railway? Sounds like there will be no more tickets.
There are additional camera platforms at the bottom of Block A in the SASS & one in the Selco Stand.

The one in the SASS would I guess take out 60 seats because it would impinge on sight lines. Though this area may have been used as a sterile segregation area anyway.

The one in the Selco is at the back of a block so would not take up many seat places by the look of it.

There is also a camera platform on the terrace at the back of the BB

StroudGrecian

The strike action is at Thames Valley Signalling Centre at Didcot, which I think means Ipswich fans heading out of Paddington to Exeter should be unaffected, however the start of my journey to SJP on Saturday (Stroud to Cheltenham) has been cancelled :mad: getting to 'nam for 8.50am may prove costly :mad:

John William

Well-known Exeweb poster
There are additional camera platforms at the bottom of Block A in the SASS & one in the Selco Stand.

The one in the SASS would I guess take out 60 seats because it would impinge on sight lines. Though this area may have been used as a sterile segregation area anyway.

The one in the Selco is at the back of a block so would not take up many seat places by the look of it.

Thanks, as expected. I'd guess that reduces capacity to well below 8,000.

citytillidie72

Well-known Exeweb poster
Sadly we have a Conundrum in that a draw, or an ECFC win, would play into the hands of PAFC, as it would take points away from one of their rivals. Let's hope Burton can do a 'Grimsby' on them, although i wouldn't hold my breath.
Couldn't care less if it benefits plymouth. We're there to win the game.

Andy_H

Couldn't care less if it benefits plymouth. We're there to win the game.
Exactly, fingers crossed that Burton and do a Devon Defeat Double!

Boyo

It's really frustrating that fans will likely miss out due to the requirements of the bloody TV companies.

Reminds me of Man City ripping out a couple of thousand seats at the Etihad, so they could install larger, digital perimeter advertising.

andrew p long

No new injuries. Diabate not mentioned so ? not available yet?

Sonny Cox resting a strain. Rekeem Harper presumably unavailable v his parent club. A couple of U18s on the bench again?

Grecian in Guzz

Well-known Exeweb poster

No new injuries. Diabate not mentioned so ? not available yet?

Sonny Cox resting a strain. Rekeem Harper presumably unavailable v his parent club. A couple of U18s on the bench again?
Big Yin Gary appears to really "understand" our Grecian Fan Owned club.
UTC