• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Ipswich Town (H) Discussion Thread

Oldsmobile-88

Very well known Exeweb poster
175 BB Tickets left as of yesterday evening.

Red red

We have all been at the ground when there has negativity but I think the last couple of years especially since covid the atmosphere and support has been superb. I think we all know this year is going to be a rollercoaster and we will all do our bit to try and help city stay up in this division. Hopefuly onwards and upward City

Rosencrantz

Supporters are a idiosyncratic group at times, more so than any other sports followers I would suggest.
I’ve seen Grecians at away grounds give the team a round of applause after a poor performance, complete with a 3-0 arse kicking.

I think the worst bile at the end of the game I can remember following the Grecians was away at Barnet in midweek 1994, lost 2-1.
I'd chuck in a 2-1 defeat at Farnborough in 04/05 into the worse bile category. One of those games where a lot of the support thought we would roll the opposition over easily and it didn't happen. The late winner didn't help. Eamo certainly copped a load of abuse from section of the away support that day when he came over as usual. You could see how much it hurt him.

Devon Red

Well-known Exeweb poster
Supporters are a idiosyncratic group at times, more so than any other sports followers I would suggest.
I’ve seen Grecians at away grounds give the team a round of applause after a poor performance, complete with a 3-0 arse kicking.

I think the worst bile at the end of the game I can remember following the Grecians was away at Barnet in midweek 1994, lost 2-1.
I recall going to the Withdean to watch us get pumped by Brighton (circa 2010?) and that atmosphere wasn't the best at the end of the game.

Someone might have a clearer memory than me though.

andrew p long

I recall going to the Withdean to watch us get pumped by Brighton (circa 2010?) and that atmosphere wasn't the best at the end of the game.

There was a game at Brighton that we lost 3-0 and apparently were lucky to get nil. Not helped by illness in the camp.

Great riposte from the Brighton fans to City fans' chant

'We own our football'

'Ask for your money back'

MerleyRed

Yes, remember it well. As away days go, that was a bad one, with plenty of vitriol heaped on the team.

Devon Red

Well-known Exeweb poster
There was a game at Brighton that we lost 3-0 and apparently were lucky to get nil. Not helped by illness in the camp.

Great riposte from the Brighton fans to City fans' chant

'We own our football'

'Ask for your money back'

This was the one.

Oldsmobile-88

I'd chuck in a 2-1 defeat at Farnborough in 04/05 into the worse bile category. One of those games where a lot of the support thought we would roll the opposition over easily and it didn't happen. The late winner didn't help. Eamo certainly copped a load of abuse from section of the away support that day when he came over as usual. You could see how much it hurt him.
Yep...Remember that, very unsavoury at the end. Sheldon could have easily chinned someone at the end of that game.

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Yep...Remember that, very unsavoury at the end. Sheldon could have easily chinned someone at the end of that game.
There did seem to be an unusually high proportion of idiots in the away end that day. Another I remember well was the Droylesden home game at the start of April 2008; a draw made it seem likely we would miss out on the play-offs and quite a few people on the bank were calling for Tis to be sacked - ironically less than 2 months later Tis would be a hero after we'd won promotion.

Egg

Well-known Exeweb poster
*DUPLICATE POST*