• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Is Exeweb dead?

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
It's interesting that we go 1-0 down, and no mention is made of it on the match day thread!

haka

It's probably not so much about Exeweb as the fizzing out of City's season. Over in March, really (bar one game against that lot :cry:).

Since we got back in the league there has (nearly) always been a chance of promotion or relegation to get people hoping or moaning online. Mid-table mediocrity, stability ... it's OK but it doesn't "sell" like bad news.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Sorry about Exeweb being unavailable. No idea why but the server got a reboot and that fixed it.

Alistair20000

Very well known Exeweb poster
Sorry about Exeweb being unavailable. No idea why but the server got a reboot and that fixed it.
Had not noticed it had gone down TBH

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
By my reckoning 38% of visitors this morning had adblocker active on exeweb.com :(

That's a significant loss of income for us.

I've put more ads on the frontpage articles to counter this, and hopefully they remain fairly unobtrusive. I don't think I can do so on the forum pages for un-logged in users though as it would make the forum pages unreadable.

Oh hum :cry:

Spanks

Administrator
Staff member
Yes, please ask adblocker not to block on Exeweb. Any excess we make, after expenses running the site, go to the club in one way or another.

Bridgy 81

I wouldn’t know how to do something to block the adverts on here and because I read recently opening them from time to time generates income for Exeweb I try and do my bit by having a look at a couple most days.
I spotted a nice truckers cap being advertized earlier so opened that one up to have a closer look.
It was £165 plus £7 p&p.
Needless to say I didn’t buy it but maybe someone else on here will who’s keen to spend £172 on a hat.
The City one I bought last season from the club shop was £14 🙂

Grecian in Guzz

Well-known Exeweb poster
I wouldn’t know how to do something to block the adverts on here and because I read recently opening them from time to time generates income for Exeweb I try and do my bit by having a look at a couple most days.
I spotted a nice truckers cap being advertized earlier so opened that one up to have a closer look.
It was £165 plus £7 p&p.
Needless to say I didn’t buy it but maybe someone else on here will who’s keen to spend £172 on a hat.
The City one I bought last season from the club shop was £14 🙂
If only a £172 hat would keep us up I'd share cost with Bridgy !
UTC

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Strangely yesterday was one of our best income days for a long time!

iscalad

Very well known Exeweb poster
I've been getting a lot of World of Books ads which I have been diligently clicking on.