• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Is this the end for our Green chums ?

Bri 'n' God3

Ever had that sinking feeling? ;)

Probably ought to stop gloating really.... well soonish... maybe.

Last edited:

Red the Paper

Banned
Whilst I have said quite publicly I hate all things Plymouth I would rather they had a football team.

Not all their fans are like Porkus.

The likes of Porkus and his minnions have added to Argyle's plight and their head in the sand attitude has made them as equally culpbable as the directors in charge of the club.

The Herald statement is a bit like Chamberlains Peace in Our Time declaration...."I have in my hand, an undertaking by Kagami San which will mean football at Home Park for years to come"

It would be comical but the fact it is really sad to see.

the wind up money
Is that the money that they owed the tax man or the money that Kagami 'promised' he would inject? :D

Presumably the scrabbling round to pay the tax man means that they struggled more to pay normal bills/interest etc. So basically the increase in their debt would actually have taken a sharp turn for the worse during January.

It does sounds genuinely worrying for them, with so little income there is no guarantee that administration will solve anything. If they can get creditors to agree a CVA at 10p in the pound then it's still £900,000 or more (if rumours are true).

Antony Moxey

Very well known Exeweb poster
It would be comical but the fact it is really sad to see.
Nope, it is actually comical.

:D

I find it funny on one hand but on the other it's just another example of the terrible state of football at the minute. And with our accounts showing that without transfer windfall we'd have lost £600,000 in one season, I'm worried that it's not just Porky et al with their heads in the sand. Just because we've been there and survived doesn't mean that we should take our eye off the ball financially.

http://www.pafc.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10364~2284243,00.html

Without the Nip cash there must be some doubt as to whether they could sustain administration, this statement seems to be the Directors trying to absolve themselves from blame relating to additional debt taken on since the court case.

Their liquidation would be good for us from a relegation stand point, but Shirley most of us would want them to have to suffer a least one season a full league below us for the first time?
Phew! Yet another thread about us. Pretty sure use of the word 'Nip' goes against EXEWEB usage guidelines though?

Does the fact it should have happened to you make it extra comical? What with you going into adminstration twice. Short memory!

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
Does the fact it should have happened to you make it extra comical? What with you going into adminstration twice. Short memory!
Once, actually, in the mid-90s.

Poultice

Very well known Exeweb poster
Phew! Yet another thread about us. Pretty sure use of the word 'Nip' goes against EXEWEB usage guidelines though?
Well we had better Nip that in the bud then.

Admin just the once D*ck Brain, CVA is an entirely different kettle of bananas, you boys are going for the biggee, Parkway Argyle here you come.

Oh, and Nip off to the banter board, your sort aren't wanted around here.

StixUK

Argyle's best hope is a CVA and for a private equity firm to come in and take over at get the company rolling again with minimal running costs. I see a 10 point deduction and L2 football next year.

The Football League and the realms of the football world will not want to see Argyle go into the ground. It also means their economy will suffer somewhat as well.

Looks like a restart for them in 2012.