• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Jack Sparkes

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
On his 17th birthday, he has signed a pro contract.

iscalad

Very well known Exeweb poster
On his 17th birthday, he has signed a pro contract.
Excellent news. Very good prospect.

Any news on the length of contract?

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Happy 17th birthday Jack!

Terryhall

Hoping he'll start in the Jokeatrade match vs Plymouth. WIll be blood and thunder but good opportunity to learn what a devon derby atmosphere is like with comparatively little riding on the result.

Anonymous

Well-known Exeweb poster
Wouled love to see him terrorize the GAWS defence and smash it past their scumbag keeper.

Red Bill

Anyone else disappointed we haven't seen more of Sparkes?

I know he's only young and I wasn't expecting him to be a regular yet but I thought we'd have seen him coming off the bench a few times by now. I don,'t know what side he normally plays on as I've only seen him play once at Swindon where he played on the right, but i thought i saw someone say he's normally left sided. If that is the case, is having Edwards on loan keeping him out?

Those of us who saw that game at Swindon will remember how he changed the game when he came on and was the width of the post away from winning us the match. Although I accept basing an opinion on a 15 minute appearance maybe a lititle foolhardy, he looked to have that wonderful fearlessness and freedom you quite often get with young attacking players, and I can't help feeling we should be taking advantage of that before experience, wisdom and coaching knock it out of him.

Last edited:

IndoMike

Anyone else disappointed we haven't seen more of Sparkes?

I know he's only young and I wasn't expecting him to be a regular yet but I thought we'd have seen him coming off the bench a few times by now. I don,'t know what side he normally plays on as I've only seen him play once at Swindon where he played on the right, but i thought i saw someone say he's normally left sided. If that is the case, is having Edwards on loan keeping him out?

Those of us who saw that game at Swindon will remember how he changed the game when he came on and was the width of the post away from winning us the match. Although I accept basing an opinion on a 15 minute appearance maybe a lititle foolhardy, he looked to have that wonderful fearlessness and freedom you quite often get with young attacking players, and I can't help feeling we should be taking advantage of that before experience, wisdom and coaching knock it out of him.
Fearlessness and freedom? Ouch : no wonder he's out of the reckoning.

Red Bill

Fearlessness and freedom? Ouch : no wonder he's out of the reckoning.
Naughty naughty Mike! 😅

IndoMike

Naughty naughty Mike! ��
(Waits for the thought police to jump in)

Juan Kerr

The grapevine suggests it's another Christy Pym scenario.