• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Jack Sparkes

Bridgy 81

I saw on the club’s video of Stanno’s goal how Jack congratulated him and seemed to say something in his ear.
He realized the moment.
Jack is the sort of person and player we need at our club, in my opinion.
I hope he’s with us beyond this season for what he can offer both on and off the pitch.

Grecian in Guzz

Well-known Exeweb poster
I saw on the club’s video of Stanno’s goal how Jack congratulated him and seemed to say something in his ear.
He realized the moment.
I hope he’s with us beyond this season for what he can offer both on and off the pitch.
I think they grew up together at the best academy in the SW and understand how important a fan owned club is to the community and us Grecians.
Just watched another x academite captain Wales to a draw in Croatia - can Grecian life get any better ?
UTC

andrew p long

Very well known Exeweb poster
He realized the moment.
elsewhere it has been stated that Jack's words to Jay were 'you deserved that'.

(though it could have been 'thanks for sticking that away, boosting my stats for assists' ;) )

Cowshed Grecian

I wonder where Jack will end up if he gets released? My money is on Torquay if they stay up. I’m hoping he gets offered a contract as back up to Mitchell. He is looking like a casualty of how much the club is moving forward though.

Boyo

I wonder where Jack will end up if he gets released? My money is on Torquay if they stay up. I’m hoping he gets offered a contract as back up to Mitchell. He is looking like a casualty of how much the club is moving forward though.
He's a decent squad player in L1, or a regular in L2. No way will he end up at Torquay who are heading for the Conference South.

Cowshed Grecian

He's a decent squad player in L1, or a regular in L2. No way will he end up at Torquay who are heading for the Conference South.
Yep we think it, or is it just bias because he’s out of our youth academy?

Grecian_Matt

Sparkes is an pretty decent L2 player who would start for pretty much every team at that level.
He is too good for Conference and certainly Conference South.

Sparkes just hasn't turned into the player I thought he would given his early potential.

Super Ronnie Jepson

Well-known Exeweb poster
No.

Snoop Fog

Well-known Exeweb poster
I don't think its bias. We were all happy to admit Seymour wasn't good enough for league football, Sparkes is but it probably won't be with us.

Cowshed Grecian

Sparkes is an pretty decent L2 player who would start for pretty much every team at that level.
He is too good for Conference and certainly Conference South.

Sparkes just hasn't turned into the player I thought he would given his early potential.
Exactly-he hasn’t, Taylor even said the season before last it’s time for him to kick on, as the club needs to get more out of him, He had a good season last season in L2 but he’s been found out too much again this season. Hes not “still developing” so I can’t see him any better unfortunately. The odd great cross, assist, goal or good performance just isn’t enough.