• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Jack Sparkes

Bridgy 81

I like Jack as a player.
I think he’s tenacious and has a lovely left foot (which is advantageous in a squad to enable it to be balanced).
I know it’s possible to ‘over egg’ the academy connection but I do also think it’s important for us to retain a core of ex-academy players to act as visible role models for the younger ones coming through.
Even if some of them are mainly squad players.
If we get an experienced left sided centre back to replace Grounds (Friend?) to compete with or cover for Hartridge, then with Mitchell at wingback and Jack as cover there I’d be happy with that and to then focus on other elements of our squad which will need more attention.

SaintJames

I like Jack as a player.
I think he’s tenacious and has a lovely left foot (which is advantageous in a squad to enable it to be balanced).
I know it’s possible to ‘over egg’ the academy connection but I do also think it’s important for us to retain a core of ex-academy players to act as visible role models for the younger ones coming through.
If we get an experienced left sided centre back to replace Grounds (Friend?) to compete with or cover for Hartridge, then with Mitchell at wingback and Jack as cover there I’d be happy with that and to then focus on other elements of our squad which will need more attention.
Whilst we want what we consider to be the best outcome regards the City squad (and I agree Jack would make an excellent back up to Demi) Jack at his stage of his career may prefer regular football albeit at a lower level rather than occasional minutes.

Grecian in Guzz

Well-known Exeweb poster
I like Jack as a player.
Like the idea of another "one of our own" coming home. UTC

denzil

Leaving ECFC ???

denzel

Very well known Exeweb poster
Yep.

scottus86

Probably, a shame though as he has a lot of talent in the final third. I'll always remember the quality, technique and composure in the last minute of that game where we came back to win 4-3 against Harrogate I think.

iscalad

Ah, sad but not unexpected. Good luck Jack.

fred binneys head

Good luck and thank you to Jack. He scored the goal that I will always think of as the turning point of our promotion season, when we came back against Harrogate at home. But I will always admire and respect him for clapping the three away fans when he played for the U21 away at Nottingham forest and then again at Ipswich last week - he always thanked us for our support.

Good lad Jack, all the best for the future.

Greyhound

Well-known Exeweb poster
Always a shame when a local player leaves. Good luck to the lad.

HH12

Well-known Exeweb poster
No surprise limited game time - be interesting to see where he ends up

All the best Jack - UTC