• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Jacob Jagger Cane

MerleyRed

An interesting piece in this weeks Poole Advertiser regarding Jacob Jagger-Canes progress with Poole Town.

Initially drafted in for a month, the attacking mid-fielder has impressed Killick (Manager) in his appearance for the Dolphins so far. Killick said: The biggest thing that has impressed me is Jacobs ability to cope with the physical side of the game. As a midfield player who has been given a two year contract with a professional club when most of his peers get one year, you would expect him to be good technically and that would have a big influence on our team. But sometimes you worry about the physicality with the younger players. Luckily for us, Jacob has got technical ability and also a real stomach for the physical side of it and the strength to cope with that.”

I was not aware that he had been given a two year contact, which clearly shows the faith that the club have in him.

At a time when all appears doom and gloom, it has to be good to hear some positive words about one of our youngster, albeit that he clearly has a lot of hard work in front of him before he can expect to get his chance in the first team.

Moomin Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Good luck to him, although he is probably about 15th in the pecking order considering Tisdale's love fest for central midfielders.

StroudGrecian

Very well known Exeweb poster
Good luck to him, although he is probably about 15th in the pecking order considering Tisdale's love fest for central midfielders.
12 of them are injured.

richard_portland

Backing Gary Caldwell, thanks Matt and good luck.
Have we had another behind closed doors friendly? Why wasn't I told about this?:p

GrecianWonder

Him and JMT were give 2 year deals.

andrew p long

this is excellent news. Many of our youngsters are technically good but end up not being big, physical (or quick) enough. Dawson for example demonstrated a cool head and good technical ability,an ability to pass etc, but to play CM he's going to have to cope with the physical battle.

The only reservation is that Poole Town play 3 levels below ECFC so it is only a start.

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
this is excellent news. Many of our youngsters are technically good but end up not being big, physical (or quick) enough. Dawson for example demonstrated a cool head and good technical ability,an ability to pass etc, but to play CM he's going to have to cope with the physical battle.

The only reservation is that Poole Town play 3 levels below ECFC so it is only a start.
You're not allowed to say that. I was vilified for daring to suggest that Matt Bye's lack of physical presence especially in comparison with his peer Liam Sercombe would mean he wouldn't make it with City (and Sercombe would).

Leads

Interesting, I know it was a couple years back but the last time I saw Cane play he didn't look very big at all? Must have grown somewhat.

Leads

Oh and does anyone know if that is genuinely his middle name?

MerleyRed

Oh and does anyone know if that is genuinely his middle name?
....are you taking the Mick ?