• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Jamal Blackman

Rosencrantz

Very well known Exeweb poster
And the problem for Jamal would have been if he did move to one side to get a view he would have three quarters of one side of the goal open and a much easier finish.

StudentGrecian

Like I said on the other thread, he’s not really at fault for any of the goals tonight, we defended poorly, but that’s not to say he couldn’t have done more. But he’s been poor this season generally. Doesn’t use his physical presence to his advantage and you expect him to beaten from inside the box every time. Maybe it’s just because we were spoilt with Dawson, but I’d like to see some competition come through the door in Jan.
I was delighted with his signing, but he hasn’t really lived up to billing so far.

CREDYGRECIAN

Loving the free flowing entertaining football at S
Not convinced he could have done much with any of the goals tonight , the long range strike maybe but it came through a lot of bodies so that’s being ultra critical at best no real blame attached there IMO

SaintJames

And the problem for Jamal would have been if he did move to one side to get a view he would have three quarters of one side of the goal open and a much easier finish.
About 10 players would have blocked a shot the other side of the goal there was nobody on the other side of the goal

Alistair20000

I will be interested in Pate’s take on Blackman’s performance tonight. I did not detect any eruption from Arizona when that long range shot went in.

chunkymorrinmunter

I initially blamed Blackman for the first as it’s the goalkeeper who sets the wall but watching highlights I was wrong. Harper went rogue and jumped so apologies to Blackman on that one. But I think he would’ve been disappointed with the 4th but all over by then .
Did Harper play?

Alistair20000

iscalad

I initially blamed Blackman for the first as it’s the goalkeeper who sets the wall but watching highlights I was wrong. Harper went rogue and jumped so apologies to Blackman on that one. But I think he would’ve been disappointed with the 4th but all over by then .
Umm? Are you talking about tonight's game?

STURTZ

There is no way Blackman could have saw that coming towards him, I was expecting someone to put their body in front of it to be fair m
Quite right, Blackman didn't have a chance with that one or any of the other chances. We do have a problem with our central defence , players break through to easily but Jamal did fine in my book.

Rosencrantz

About 10 players would have blocked a shot the other side of the goal there was nobody on the other side of the goal
There really wasn't. Most were bunched right in the middle.