• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

James Scott signs

pct333

I'd like to see James Scott start against Accrington and then bring on Jay Stansfield as an impact finisher.

SaintJames

I'd like to see James Scott start against Accrington and then bring on Jay Stansfield as an impact finisher.
Good shout pct! You would hope he has at least the baseline fitness to get through 60 minutes plus before being subbed?

Sexton Blake

Well-known Exeweb poster
Agree with you here Martin. He hasn't showed much as of yet, but hopefully after a good pre-season we will get to see what he can do and why Hull City paid a million for him.
GC hasn't gotten much wrong with his signings so I'm willing to wait until next season to see what he can offer.
The legend that is Alan Banks didn’t exactly pull up any roots until about 2 months after signing for us from Cambridge City so yes he needs to be given time.

STURTZ

Very well known Exeweb poster
Puts me in mind of Alex Fisher atm but sure he'll improve!

Martin Lawrence

Well-known Exeweb poster
You are "Madge" and I claim my five quid ! 😎
However I do completely agree with the point which you are making.
I've been called worse Colesman 😀

Red Devon

The legend that is Alan Banks didn’t exactly pull up any roots until about 2 months after signing for us from Cambridge City so yes he needs to be given time.
Took Bowman quite a while to get off the mark too

Martin Lawrence

Well-known Exeweb poster
Indeed. Strikers need games. It will be difficult for Scott to get those minutes when we have Nombe in the team, though a few more performances like Sayurday, and he might find he gets more chances to shine.

Alistair20000

Clinton too.

Ian Tarr

My recollection is entirely different. His impact was virtually instantaneous.

Colesman Ballz

My recollection is entirely different. His impact was virtually instantaneous.
Signed in Oct 1963 and scored in 3 out of 4 league games in November which seems pretty instantaneous to me too !