• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

James Scott signs

Snoop Fog

Well-known Exeweb poster
I am old-fashioned enough to believe that if you wouldn't make a comment to someone's face then you shouldn't write it somewhere that they can read it. However, I realise that in the days of social media that makes me sound impossibly naive.
I wouldn't say it to his face because that would be incredibly rude. I say it on here because we're duscussing ecfc players on an ecfc forum. If I saw him in a shop in Exeter and I went up to him and said "James Scott, you're really shit, you offer very little to the team, and why aren't you fitter?" He'd reply with "Fark off Snoop you *****, WTF do you know" and I'd run away because he's bigger than me.

Bridgy 81

I am old-fashioned enough to believe that if you wouldn't make a comment to someone's face then you shouldn't write it somewhere that they can read it.
I couldn’t agree more and I’d add to that, behind their back as well.

STURTZ

Very well known Exeweb poster
As a long time Exewebber, I have seen many players being slagged off for their performances over the years. As just one example, here are a few quotes from way back in 2007 about Jamie Mackie (and we all know what happened afterwards) and, would you believe, Stanno.

"I’m far from convinced....he was so poor last night for me...he must make way for Elam who keeps producing off the bench IMO."

"Last night he did nothing to convince me he could put the ball in the net! If it was a one off I may not have dwelled on it but I seem to be thinking this a lot."

"My problem with Mackie is his obvious lack of goals."

"A quote from a chap that sits near me in the Doble "he will never score goals for as long as he has a hole in his ar$e" ....I tend to agree."

"Really don't think Mackie is good enough to be a regular starter as he has been so far this season."

"I thought Mackie had one of his worst games today - apart from scoring he looked disinterested in doing anything for the "team".
He seemed to run around alot with no effect and seems to lack that abilty realise he cant run through 3 players when he has the ball at his feet."

"Stansfield and Mackie have both been equally poor....1 goal in seven for Stanno who some of his 'fans' (who'll say he played well whatever he does!) said he'd get 20 for us this season."

"Stansfield today was absolute sh*te, What's his problem with Tackling? Is he afraid or something."

I think this shows two things, sometimes players come good, and we have always been critical of players on here. They read Exeweb at their peril.
TBF the Mackie comments were mainly written by GrecIan so don't count. It is true that Mackie spent the first two seasons with us in an offside position but once he had found where to put his feet he became the exciting Championship/Premiership striker that some of us could see in him from the start. (Others were saying he was a winger!😀)

Pete Martin (CTID)

Very well known Exeweb poster
TBF the Mackie comments were mainly written by GrecIan so don't count. It is true that Mackie spent the first two seasons with us in an offside position but once he had found where to put his feet he became the exciting Championship/Premiership striker that some of us could see in him from the start. (Others were saying he was a winger!😀)
Oddly enough none of those quotes were from GrecIan.

HarryECFC

I've not seen really anything in him yet at all really. Looked through his goals reels, nothing particularly great there. His scoring record, again pretty poor. But there must be something seen in him, we don't see them training. He's also clearly become very close with the group considering how chuffed they were for him when he scored.

I'd be intrigued to see the stats that they hold on him, training intensity, stamina, etc

Snoop Fog

Well-known Exeweb poster
I've not seen really anything in him yet at all really. Looked through his goals reels, nothing particularly great there. His scoring record, again pretty poor. But there must be something seen in him, we don't see them training. He's also clearly become very close with the group considering how chuffed they were for him when he scored.

I'd be intrigued to see the stats that they hold on him, training intensity, stamina, etc
It's clearly not stats that we've invested in, so it must be potential. Let's just hope he fulfils it. If he's not starting to produce in the first half of next season it's time accept defeat and look elsewhere/play other players.

Moomin Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
It's clearly not stats that we've invested in, so it must be potential. Let's just hope he fulfils it. If he's not starting to produce in the first half of next season it's time accept defeat and look elsewhere/play other players.
Exactly how I see it. It’s a big summer ahead for him. The only thing that makes me doubt he’ll come back firing in August is that he had last summer to come back fit and ready but seemingly failed to do that, although not sure if that was down to an injury rather than him not being arsed!?

Have to say, when he scored against Accy he looked decent and it was a lovely finish so I am hoping he realises his potential with us.

Grecian in Guzz

Well-known Exeweb poster
Exactly how I see it. It’s a big summer ahead for him. The only thing that makes me doubt he’ll come back firing in August is that he had last summer to come back fit and ready but seemingly failed to do that, although not sure if that was down to an injury rather than him not being arsed!?

Have to say, when he scored against Accy he looked decent and it was a lovely finish so I am hoping he realises his potential with us.
I hope with GC up his proverbial he will accomplish the expectations others & GC have early next season.
If not ship out !

Devon Red

Well-known Exeweb poster
In the current climate, £1m for a young striker with potential isn't that much for an ex Premier League club like Hull. Just because they took a punt on him doesn't mean he's actually that good a player.

Moomin Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Have to say, from the clips today, it looks like Scott has come back leaner. He needs to make pre season count and hopefully we can see the best of him.