• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Jay Stansfield

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Confirmation that Jay has moved on toFulham and for a fee.

We wish him well.

Last edited:

Oldsmobile-88

Very well known Exeweb poster
Good luck to him...

CWH-NYC_

Another talent off the conveyor belt, well done all involved.
Exeweb is going to be busy following all our old talent.

Dannyred

Good luck Jay Shame we are not good enough to keep all the talent we keep losing.

iscalad

Very well known Exeweb poster
Good luck Jay Shame we are not good enough to keep all the talent we keep losing.
It's not about not being good enough. Fulham have a Category 1 Academy. They will also offer more money.

Pobbop

Do you mean creating rather than losing, and obviously we are good enough to keep on doing that.

Good luck to Jay, TBH there must have always been a mixed feeling for him here, pressure on him becoming number9 was a bit misguided too.

Wish him well.

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Good lick to Jay. While I understand the footballing and personal reasons for his move the record of players who've moved on before playing for the first team isn't great.
And fair play to Fulham for making us a reasonable offer and avoiding the need for a tribunal; certain other clubs could learn a lesson from them.

AndrewP

Good luck to the lad, and well done City Academy for honing another great talent. I harboured hopes & dreams that the story would continue with Jay donning the number 9 shirt....... What a great story that would have been.....It is what it is though. We move onwards, but we always remember.

HH12

Well-known Exeweb poster
Best wishes to Jay I am sure his father would be proud - maybe one day we will see him back and in the first team at SJP

I wonder if anyone has any idea what the fee would have been. More than a tribunal ,so would that be a million or just a couple hundred thousand?