• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Jay Stansfield

sign of the chimes

A mention for Jay and Adam in Jeff's final tribute
I grew up with Lynam and Davies but Jeff was not only at least an equal in terms of broadcasting talent, but also had an everyman supporter quality that I never picked up from those who went before him. Julian Warren has been a really good understudy in recent years but it's going to be a tough act for whoever follows.

grecIAN Harris

Very well known Exeweb poster
I grew up with Lynam and Davies but Jeff was not only at least an equal in terms of broadcasting talent, but also had an everyman supporter quality that I never picked up from those who went before him. Julian Warren has been a really good understudy in recent years but it's going to be a tough act for whoever follows.
Lynham??? Well that makes you younger than me as I remember Frank Bough on Grandstand.

Spoonz Red E

A mention for Jay and Adam in Jeff's final tribute
Also, at about the 5 minute mark,
"Blimey! How far is it to go to Exeter and lose in the 92nd minute?" :cool:

A great presenter.
I remember the drama as he was giving running commentary at the end of our game against Huddersfield to preserve League 1 status.

HH12

Well-known Exeweb poster
I think he has a soft spot for Exeter - a great presenter

andrew p long

I think he has a soft spot for Exeter - a great presenter
It's great having a national tv sports broadcaster whose heart is in the lower leagues.

Jeff Stelling certainly captured and presented the Jay Stansfield story better than any other broadcaster.

(Jeff also of course started one of his annual charity marathon walks in Exeter - SJP to the other St James Park in Newcastle)

sign of the chimes

It's great having a national tv sports broadcaster whose heart is in the lower leagues.
You've summed it up absolutely beautifully Andrew, thank you.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
It's been great sponsoring this young man!

Stansfield_shirt.jpg

DB9

Super Ronnie Jepson

Well-known Exeweb poster
I have mixed feelings about this kind of 'content' that's clearly created for likes and presumably money.

Grecian2K

I have mixed feelings about this kind of 'content' that's clearly created for likes and presumably money.
And what exactly is wrong with "liking" things...or even "money", for that matter?