• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Jevani Brown

CityTillIDie

Think my only emotion is a kind of bereavement, no more of those beautiful skills, no more fabulous team work.

Sad day.
Indeed a sad day, what a wasted talent!

arthur

Very well known Exeweb poster
My (almost certainly totally inaccurate) gut feeling is that the adjournments were because the prosecution wanted to get the second charge in before proceeding.
I am reading the Secret Barrister. Adjournment almost certainly because the prosecution brief hadn't been sent all the evidence!

arthur

Occasionally, situations aren't black & white and it's worth reserving judgment until you're in possession of all the facts.
What a quaint old fashioned concept...

suffolklad

Too many ready to say goodbye. We still do not know the circumstances in any way shape or form. Wait and see

STURTZ

Just glad we didn't have to partake in the "Trial by Big Bank" that some seemed to be advocating on here.

Elliott L

Brown’s defence team said he will claim he acted 'in response to a racist comment made towards him’.
Assuming it was in response to a racial comment, and knowing that the charges don't necessarily mean any cause of physical harm, there could be a world in which this doesn't mean the end of Jevani Brown at ECFC. I think the fact that Caldwell was walking out of court with him suggests that the relationship between the two of them, and by extension the club, is still fairly good. If the incident was really bad I don't think the club would want the manager seen "supporting" JB in court. I hope it doesn't amount to much in the end, but as ever, we don't know enough of the details. Only time will tell.

Colesman Ballz

Just glad we didn't have to partake in the "Trial by Big Bank" that some seemed to be advocating on here.
Haven't seen anyone at all advocating that ! (as Moxey would say "Behave" !). I wanted and still want him to play primarily as until the trial is over he has not been convicted of anything. Also it seems that GC wanted to play him again at Port Vale, and it is a slippery slope when the Club Board or members thereof, start dictating team selection to the manager. The Club Board isn't even constituted properly with an even split between Trust and others. There are those now on it who we are told have been brought in for expertise in areas other than football, why then should they necessarily be dictating footballing issues ?
There is an awful lot more to come out at the trial before people can start jumping to conclusions ? We have learnt today for the first time, the proposed defence ? Do the members of Exeweb's kangaroo court of opinion even appreciate who the two females are ? Of course if you strike a woman it is indefensible and you deserve your punishment, but the severity of that sentence is down to the actual facts and any mitigating factors. Jevani can rightly expect to be punished according to the Law.

Egg

Well-known Exeweb poster
Assuming it was in response to a racial comment, and knowing that the charges don't necessarily mean any cause of physical harm, there could be a world in which this doesn't mean the end of Jevani Brown at ECFC. I think the fact that Caldwell was walking out of court with him suggests that the relationship between the two of them, and by extension the club, is still fairly good. If the incident was really bad I don't think the club would want the manager seen "supporting" JB in court. I hope it doesn't amount to much in the end, but as ever, we don't know enough of the details. Only time will tell.
Moreover, the two charges are 'summary offences', hence why the case will be heard in the magistrates court and not in the crown court.
Plainly, an admission of guilt is not an especially good look, but, on the basis of what we know thus far, I think some of those wanting Jevani hung, drawn, and quartered without further ado might be getting a bit carried away.

Sexton Blake

Well-known Exeweb poster
Elliot totally agree with what you have written and it says a lot for the quality of Exeweb that we can have the level of communication with one another that we do enjoy.

As you say only time will tell but I am not discouraged by what I have been reading particularly in recent posts.

Bat Fastard

Unfortunately can’t see him playing for us again, what a depressing story all round. Got no doubt a league one or championship side will pick him up for next season though, unless he’s banged up