• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Jevani Brown

Colesman Ballz

Very well known Exeweb poster
My comment was based solely upon the fact that Brown has pleaded guilty, so absolutely nothing to do with ESP. :giggle:
The trouble with taking that position is that although he has pleaded guilty we don't know the details or context. Assault is a "catch all" offence which does not necessarily even involve physical contact. I don't claim that Jevani is innocent but feel that it should be left to the Court to determine the outcome and penalty for any crime that has been committed or admitted to. Once that is done and dusted is the time for the Club to act and deal with any matters under the banner of "bringing the Club into disrepute" which is the moral issue.
There are being judgements made without due consideration of outcomes. For example have those who are advocating sack him, pay up his contract and get rid really thought through the ramifications. That would make him a free agent, so could he then turn up playing and scoring against us next week ? :unsure:

dontpassback

Is that the loathsome Porkstain to whom you refer ?
Yes that is correct

MJP_Exeter

Well-known Exeweb poster
Sorry wrong thread

JCWhoosh

After the recent up turn of points and decent wins, are we building a team that doesn't need Brown in it? I admit he is one of the best players in the team but do we need him?

Super Ronnie Jepson

Well-known Exeweb poster
After the recent up turn of points and decent wins, are we building a team that doesn't need Brown in it? I admit he is one of the best players in the team but do we need him?
Earlier in the season when MT played three in midfield the team just functioned better. It was always difficult to fit Stanno, Nombe and Brown into that shape. JB has done us a favour in that respect but I'd still rather have him around.

SaintJames

One of the best players I have seen play in a City shirt. Therefore, whilst it's great we have found a way to play without Jev clearly anyone would rather have such a talented player available for selection as he is a game changer. I wont comment on the moral question just the football one

Interesting piece of information regarding the Bolton v Plymouth game yesterday, which the Daily Mail says could be called The White Flag Final based on Argyle's woeful display. Bolton MOTM, Kyle Dempsey, appears at Carlisle Crown Court next week for sentencing after admitting assaulting a social club doorman. This should add to the feisty discussion to the Jevani 'should he play, not play' debate.

John William

Well-known Exeweb poster
Kyle Dempsey, appears at Carlisle Crown Court next week for sentencing after admitting assaulting a social club doorman.
Brings to mind the old joke - maybe they just asked him to "fill in a questionnaire" and he misunderstood...

Super Ronnie Jepson

Well-known Exeweb poster
Should it? I don't see the relevance.

Bolton are Bolton. they are entitledto do as tgey wish.

We're Exeter. We're entitled to do what we see as best for us. That's all there is to it.

Grecian Max

Very well known Exeweb poster
Interesting piece of information regarding the Bolton v Plymouth game yesterday, which the Daily Mail says could be called The White Flag Final based on Argyle's woeful display. Bolton MOTM, Kyle Dempsey, appears at Carlisle Crown Court next week for sentencing after admitting assaulting a social club doorman. This should add to the feisty discussion to the Jevani 'should he play, not play' debate.
It's probably the larger ramifications with womens football club, women at the football, her game too etc that make for an awkward PR position for our "community" club

Can't help but feel he would be on the pitch if it was an altercation with a doorman. Certainly the brawl in town didn't result in a large suspensions but then there was no court case as far as I'm aware?