• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Jevani Brown

Grecian Max

Very well known Exeweb poster
You are acting as judge and jury here. You state that Brown and Arthur's actions were similar so did you witness both incidents in person including the full context, the build up etc.? Or have you formed your opinion based on some snatches of mobile phone footage posted on twitter ? A very dangerous assumption to make, as evidenced on Match of the Day tonight. The was a mass melee in the match between Man U and Palace resulting in Casemiro being red carded for violent conduct which will result in an automatic three match ban. The VAR officials had brought a picture to the ref's attention which appeared to show Casemiro restraining Palace's Hughes by means of a choke hold around his neck. MOTD analysis showed footage from another angle which disproved this, and that in fact Casemiro was holding a grip on his shirt collar and was not in contact with his neck at all !
I would suggest that you leave judgement and sanctions to those who have access to greater knowledge of what has actually happened, rather than jumping to uninformed opinions.
You’re right, what we really need in this situation is VAR

Pete Martin (CTID)

Of course it is a police matter, I don’t want the club to speculate on the alleged offences. But we should have had similar statements for both Brown and Arthur no? What’s the difference between the two? The profile of the player is the only difference and it’s not right they were dealt with in different ways because of the player profile.
It is about consistency, HR need to be held accountable imo.
None of us know the exact nature of either situation, so why should we expect "similar statements". You write "What’s the difference between the two?" The reality is that we don't know (and perhaps never will).

fred binneys head

Very Angry Rekeem? We’ve already had one of those and I don’t think it’ll help.

Leads

Perhaps it’s best you shut up until you have the facts. Your idle speculation about what the club and its employees have or haven’t done is doing no-one any favours and just highlights how little you know about the club, the players, the staff and internal and external procedures.
I think that’s a bit harsh! The club like to emphasise that they are a family club etc but when an incident occurs such as what happened with Arthur, it literally doesn’t get mentioned at all- he’s no longer around, disappears off the website after a while and then rocks up at Crediton. I think the point that is trying to be made is that there doesn’t seem to be any consistency with communication around off the pitch issues- my impression is that they will avoid saying anything unless they absolutely have to. This appears to be a wider problem in football. We know Brown has form, he was released from Peterborough for disciplinary problems but what that actually entailed we don’t know. In a ‘normal’ recruitment process, if you were forced to leave a permanent employer this would normally be questioned. I wonder if this happens in the world of football?

grecIAN Harris

At least we had that with Jamal ans Sam ...........

supernova

Does anyone actually know if the Police are involved? Or are we just going to believe the Tweet which has now been deleted and assume the OB went round JB’s house with a SWAT team? Hopefully it appears on Police, Camera Action if so

Antony Moxey

I think that’s a bit harsh! The club like to emphasise that they are a family club etc but when an incident occurs such as what happened with Arthur, it literally doesn’t get mentioned at all- he’s no longer around, disappears off the website after a while and then rocks up at Crediton. I think the point that is trying to be made is that there doesn’t seem to be any consistency with communication around off the pitch issues- my impression is that they will avoid saying anything unless they absolutely have to. This appears to be a wider problem in football. We know Brown has form, he was released from Peterborough for disciplinary problems but what that actually entailed we don’t know. In a ‘normal’ recruitment process, if you were forced to leave a permanent employer this would normally be questioned. I wonder if this happens in the world of football?
The point is ‘we don’t know’. All that’s out there is what’s appeared on social media, and if that where we’re getting our facts from these days then we’re properly f***ed. The club doesn’t need to tell us any more than it already has - it’s not obliged to morally, ethically or any other way you want to look at it - indeed, what makes you think you’re entitled to any more than what’s been said?

The club, and if necessary the relevant authorities, will carry out their investigations and act accordingly. Then, if it needs making public it will be, otherwise it’s no business of anyone’s except those involved. So perhaps instead of idle speculation and ill informed chit chat over who should do what, we should wait and see the outcome and comment then if we feel it’s really necessary.

burtiew

Please, please can we all shut up until we know the facts.

manc grecian

Pipe down Burtiew

burtiew

Pipe down Burtiew
No. Why do you find it necessary to say that?