• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Jevani Brown

CREDYGRECIAN

Very well known Exeweb poster
Loving the free flowing entertaining football at S
It’s a massive blow from a football point of view the boy is arguably one of the best players City have had in a last 10 years or so in terms of his output at the level we’re now playing at , to be 2nd in the division in terms of goal involvements in terms of goals and assists given the other teams in the league and the quality they have shows how well he’s done especially playing for a club in mid table

Naturally the club didn’t have a choice in the decision they have made and it’s absolutely the correct one of course.

In terms of what will happen I suppose only time will tell.

Sexton Blake

Well-known Exeweb poster
No I agree they don't and as you say innocent till proven guilty and I'm not going to join the bandwagon of rumours as till the police or the courts convict or find him not guilty we only know what's in the press.

The point I was trying to make is the fake moral outrage from some sections of our fan base is a joke and these things are not as clear cut as people make out or think they are, for example and i cant stress that enough for example! if what ever reason Javani is found not guiltily of this then those fans will be the first to sing his name from the rafters at a game or do they expect the club to still sack him?

Only thing I will say is its clear the bloke probably some problems of one sort or another and if he does then I hope the club and everyone involved helps guide him to get any help or rehabilitation he might need, if anything so he or others aren't involved in this again and risk messing up their already short careers in football and even post life in the game.
Agree with all that you have said and in particular in your final paragraph.

rightwing

Well-known Exeweb poster
I've got a mate who's a magistrate, I'll try to find out what the consequences could be.

kuznetsov

I've got a mate who's a magistrate, I'll try to find out what the consequences could be.
Maximum 6 months imprisonment. More likely a fine or community sentence

Last edited by a moderator:

Alistair20000

Lots of blank space in the last post :unsure:

Snoop Fog

Well-known Exeweb poster
Excuse my ignorance, but I thought cases at the Magistrates Court were usually wrapped up pretty quickly, unless the case is referred to the Crown Court (which I think is unlikely, unless serious injuries were sustained)?
If he pleads guilty it will be wrapped up quickly, although a date will still be set for sentencing. If he pleads not guilty a date will be set for trial, either at the Magistrates or if deemed serious enough it will go for trial at the Crown in front of a jury. I believe Jevani can also elect for it to go to the Crown, although in doing so he risks harsher penalties if found guilty.

It also depends what and how many charges he is up against. If he's up for multiple charges then the defence and prosecution often come to an agreement. For example 'we'll drop charges 1 and 2 if you plead guilty to charge 3.'

andrew p long

Plenty of people have already referred to the provisions, but here is chapter and verse on 'assault by beating' from the Sentencing Council.

In particular for context is the 4th paragraph under the heading 'common assault'':-

''If violence is used in a common assault, it is called a battery and the perpetrator would be charged with assault by beating. This does not however mean that the victim was actually 'beaten up' or even hit or kicked- it could be that they were pushed, grabbed or spat at. The victim may not have suffered any physical injury, and if an injury was caused it would need to be quite minor to fall under common assault'

(
not forgetting that, at the moment, there are only allegations and nothing, absolutely nothing, has been proved)

Colesman Ballz

If he pleads guilty it will be wrapped up quickly, although a date will still be set for sentencing. If he pleads not guilty a date will be set for trial, either at the Magistrates or if deemed serious enough it will go for trial at the Crown in front of a jury. I believe Jevani can also elect for it to go to the Crown, although in doing so he risks harsher penalties if found guilty.

It also depends what and how many charges he is up against. If he's up for multiple charges then the defence and prosecution often come to an agreement. For example 'we'll drop charges 1 and 2 if you plead guilty to charge 3.'
Ah, the dreaded plea bargaining used to save the CPS some time and money whilst ignoring the damages to achieving fair justice. For example take a married couple being tried for fraud. A deal is struck whereby hubby pleads guilty and cops a 12 month stretch but charges against the wife are dropped. Assets including benefits from their misdemeanours are of course held in the wife's name. With no conviction against the wife, those victims of the fraud have little chances in pursuing reimbursement ! The barstewards even benefit by saving on their legal fees for defending the court action ! Does this remind anyone of a case in which this has happened ? :unsure:

STURTZ

/

impr

Maximum 6 months imprisonment. More likely a fine or community sentence
Are you saying it will be a suspended sentence?

Memphis09

I voted for him player of the month and goal of the month
What happens if he wins
He has not been proven to be guilty or innocent so does he get the awards