• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Jevani Brown

Nigel E

There have been three separate issues in the public domain this season. Jack Arthur, The Terrace and Jevani.
First, I have no idea what Jack Arthur did. After all he is/was our third best youth goalkeeper. Sounds like the Club have distanced themselves from him to a much greater extent than with Jevani, which is all I need to know.

As to the Terrace, I am all for sticking up for my mates - like Wrighty and Shearer are this evening with the boy Lineker, for instance - but some aspects of that incident at the Terrace were....... problematic. Let's just say there is one individual who should be eternally grateful if he doesn't see a courtroom to answer for his actions. I would expect any employer to speak to their staff in the wake of such an incident in an effort to prevent a recurrence of that kind.

And as far as business decisions go, corporate businesses run an absolute mile from companies embroiled in this kind of controversy. You may not like it, but it's just the way the world works now. For instance, the Club are in the market for a shirt sponsor. Should I placate a few guys who have the hump about Jevani not playing, or should I maximise the revenue from sponsorship? Such a hard decision.

The David Noble incident was 10 years ago, and it just goes to show how much has changed in that time.

geoffwp

Very well known Exeweb poster
I think that has probably always been the case though
(In response to #600)

Last edited:

Alistair20000

Define normal 😂
I did not use the word normal so invitation to define denied

antman

Well-known Exeweb poster
As a matter of interest, how many women are posting on this thread criticising the Club's stance on this?
Exeweb has always appeared to be the domain of men over the age of 40 (more like 60 these days). There were more women posting on here in the 2000s than now, unless some posters are women and I'm not aware of that. It's a shame as we tend to hear a certain type of opinion related to the untepresentative age and gender distribution.

tom_ecfc

Exeweb has always appeared to be the domain of men over the age of 40 (more like 60 these days).
I’m under 40!

ramone

Well-known Exeweb poster
If i had to agree with you we would both be wrong
"That's not to say that he shouldn't be punished if found guilty, but it should be at the conclusion of the court case."

This from CB says it all in one sentence for me.

Grecian in Guzz

Well-known Exeweb poster
I’m under 40!
I was under 40 !

iscalad

I was under 40 !
Not sure I can remember that far back...

Super Ronnie Jepson

Well-known Exeweb poster
Duplicate post

Super Ronnie Jepson

Well-known Exeweb poster
Oh, Christ hear we go! Please define 'wokist'
A chef using a wok?