• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Jevani Brown

Radio Free Skaro

Agreed.

I haven't done a head count, but it seems that most people on this thread were the voice of reason, either defending the club's decision or at least not condemning it while we waited for more info. Sadly there were a minority who insisted that he should be playing not because they knew the facts of the case, but simply because he is a very good footballer. I hope those people never get anywhere near a court jury.

It is a real shame this happened, and Jevani will leave some great memories on the pitch, but the club did the right thing, the difficult thing. Not all clubs would, and we should be glad ECFC is not one of them.
great post HK

Egg

Well-known Exeweb poster
I think we have to get used to a post JB Exeter City straight away - not much point in clutching at straws...
I was thinking more in terms of individuals casting judgment on Jevani, without being in possession of all the facts, as opposed to what the club might choose to do.

BigBanker

Well-known Exeweb poster
'wHy WoN't ThE cLuB pLaY hIm He'S oUr BeSt PlAyEr FfS tHe TrUsT iS a JoKe CaLdWeLl OuT!!!'

Lol

Cowshed Grecian

Agreed.

I haven't done a head count, but it seems that most people on this thread were the voice of reason, either defending the club's decision or at least not condemning it while we waited for more info. Sadly there were a minority who insisted that he should be playing not because they knew the facts of the case, but simply because he is a very good footballer. I hope those people never get anywhere near a court jury.

It is a real shame this happened, and Jevani will leave some great memories on the pitch, but the club did the right thing, the difficult thing. Not all clubs would, and we should be glad ECFC is not one of them.
hope those people never get anywhere near a court jury.

Why? Better off you not being on a jury and condemning someone on hearsay before hearing the mitigating factors and the facts I would of thought. Don’t take the moral high ground no one was in the right or wrong here, complicated situation and people just wanted the best for the club.

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
Yes, but, as per my previous post, it may be that previous adjournments were because there were negotiations ongoing between the prosecution and the defence in the background. Had this not been the case, the adjournments may not have occurred and there may have been an opportunity to plead earlier.
My (almost certainly totally inaccurate) gut feeling is that the adjournments were because the prosecution wanted to get the second charge in before proceeding.

Egg

Well-known Exeweb poster
'wHy WoN't ThE cLuB pLaY hIm He'S oUr BeSt PlAyEr FfS tHe TrUsT iS a JoKe CaLdWeLl OuT!!!'

Lol
Quite. Ironically, it seems to me a few of the people who thought the club should be playing Jevani last week, now want him hung, drawn, and quartered without further ado. Occasionally, situations aren't black & white and it's worth reserving judgment until you're in possession of all the facts.

BigBanker

Well-known Exeweb poster
Ultimately, this is a very sad situation from every angle.

Jevani was instrumental to our success under Matt Taylor and right up there with the most talented and exciting players we've seen in our red and white. Very sad indeed that it's ended like this.

Egg

Well-known Exeweb poster
My (almost certainly totally inaccurate) gut feeling is that the adjournments were because the prosecution wanted to get the second charge in before proceeding.
Equally conceivable.

BigBanker

Well-known Exeweb poster
Quite. Ironically, it seems to me a few of the people who thought the club should be playing Jevani last week, now want him hung, drawn, and quartered without further ado.
Was always going to be the way. Their judgement was blinded in the absence of all the facts by their desire for their team to do well, above all else, and now they're angry that 'he' has made them look rather foolish.

Colesman Ballz

Very well known Exeweb poster
This one is simple. Jevani Brown has pleaded guilty to assaullting a woman. He should now be sacked by the club.
End of story
So are you still working for Alison Hernandez, Police and Crime Commissioner for Devon, Cornwall and the Isles of Scilly then Mark ? Perhaps you should "declare an interest" like ? 😎