• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Jevani Brown

Radio Free Skaro

So, without knowing any of details of what, exactly, Jevani has been charged with [the fact that it's being heard in the magistrates court suggests it's a relatively minor offence] or waiting to learn more about any aggravating factors [there's a suggestion Jevani was racially abused] you think it's entirely reasonable to say he should never play for Exeter again?!
At risk of turning into Moxey (Ant not Dean!) you are misquoting me. I said that I haven't heard any Exewebbers calling for JB to be hung drawn & quartered, the worst I have heard on these forums is that Jevani won't play for Exeter City again.

Egg

Well-known Exeweb poster
At risk of turning into Moxey (Ant not Dean!) you are misquoting me. I said that I haven't heard any Exewebbers calling for JB to be hung drawn & quartered, the worst I have heard on these forums is that Jevani won't play for Exeter City again.
Plenty of people saying he should be slung out of the club now, without waiting for justice to run its course – that was my point.

tom_ecfc

This now makes sense why GC was doing his pre Accrington press conference in a suit at SJP in the museum room!

Reactions: Egg

Martin Lawrence

Well-known Exeweb poster
Whilst I understand that there are those wanting him sacked now, we must remember that the club has legal obligations in respect of Jevani. These obligations are enshrined through his employment contract and via health and safety laws. I have absolutely no doubt whatsoever, that the Club have, are are continuing to receive, legal advice in relation to these obligations. They got the decision to remove him from selection, correct. I trust that they will get this decision right too!

geoffwp

Very well known Exeweb poster
I'm sad, for Jev and for the team. Maybe one day we might learn the whole story. All the very best for your future Jev. I'm sure it will be bright.

Red red

Hoping as Jevani being supported by GC he supports City and signs a new contract in July after all this has been put to bed

geoffwp

So, without knowing any of details of what, exactly, Jevani has been charged with [the fact that it's being heard in the magistrates court suggests it's a relatively minor offence] or waiting to learn more about any aggravating factors [there's a suggestion Jevani was racially abused] you think it's entirely reasonable to say he should never play for Exeter again?!
From what I have heard it involved someone pretty much worst for wear from alcohol, sticking a phone in his face at which point he pushed past them and whoever it was went down claiming a penalty.

east_mid

Well-known Exeweb poster
Probably part of the job ,but Caldwell has gone up in my estimation for accompanying Jevani to the hearing today.What happens to Jevani after this is anyone's guess,but the court case in July so his contract will be up so he won't be connected to the club by then.

STURTZ

Haven't seen anyone at all advocating that ! (as Moxey would say "Behave" !). I wanted and still want him to play primarily as until the trial is over he has not been convicted of anything. Also it seems that GC wanted to play him again at Port Vale, and it is a slippery slope when the Club Board or members thereof, start dictating team selection to the manager. The Club Board isn't even constituted properly with an even split between Trust and others. There are those now on it who we are told have been brought in for expertise in areas other than football, why then should they necessarily be dictating footballing issues ?
There is an awful lot more to come out at the trial before people can start jumping to conclusions ? We have learnt today for the first time, the proposed defence ? Do the members of Exeweb's kangaroo court of opinion even appreciate who the two females are ? Of course if you strike a woman it is indefensible and you deserve your punishment, but the severity of that sentence is down to the actual facts and any mitigating factors. Jevani can rightly expect to be punished according to the Law.
What a crock of sh*t.

Grecian Max

From what I have heard it involved someone pretty much worst for wear from alcohol, sticking a phone in his face at which point he pushed past them and whoever it was went down claiming a penalty.
Sounds legit tbf, where have you heard this?