• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Joey Barton

gui

"There is no God-given right to go down and come straight back up so we have a real scrap on our hands because nobody wants to be in League Two,"
~ Joey Barton ~

WE DO ‼ 🤣

Legohead

Banned
Matty Taylor does!! He loves it!! Can't get enough!! Comfort zone footy!! Hallelujah says King Matty!!

PS: Barton is a tool.

Reactions: gui

geoffwp

Very well known Exeweb poster
Yes, league 2 is good. League 1, just another bloody league. Same game, same pre match day, same pre match food and drinks, same chant on the bank. Just another team with a different name playing us. Its sunday, the sky is blue, all is good. Chill.

onemansview

My home is Chesterfield but my heart is in Tokyo
Yes, league 2 is good. League 1, just another bloody league. Same game, same pre match day, same pre match food and drinks, same chant on the bank. Just another team with a different name playing us. Its sunday, the sky is blue, all is good. Chill.
Says it all. As I approach the 50th anniversary of my first game nothing has changed. Notts County away 01/05/71 final day of that season in which we finished 9th - 50 years on and we are still ninth in the 4th bloody division- what was the point of it all?

Spoonz Red E

Says it all. As I approach the 50th anniversary of my first game nothing has changed. Notts County away 01/05/71 final day of that season in which we finished 9th - 50 years on and we are still ninth in the 4th bloody division- what was the point of it all?
All the stuff in between. ;)

I now live a couple of miles from where I was born.
It doesn't mean I haven't been anywhere in the interim.

Rosencrantz

The journey to get there of course 🙂

From that season, nine clubs are still with us in L2. Six are above us although Northampton are close to coming back down. The eye opener is the nine clubs that are now below is scattered throughout non league.

tonykellowfan

The journey to get there of course 🙂

From that season, nine clubs are still with us in L2. Six are above us although Northampton are close to coming back down. The eye opener is the nine clubs that are now below is scattered throughout non league.
Exactly what I was going to post. Several of the teams in that division 4 have pretty much disappeared. The only two that have noticeably done anything are Bournemouth and Brentford.

The Proper Chap

Well-known Exeweb poster
At least we still have a club then ! :rolleyes:

geoffwp

I guess the point of it all was we were alive and we are still living? A lot happened in that time, some of it very bad, some of it absolutely brilliant. I guess the brilliant things were made even more intense when balanced against the bad. When I look back at that journey, from 50 years or so ago to now, I dont feel frustrated about where we are at this point. The fact that we havent seen a stellar rise in our fortunes simply doesnt bother me as much as it does some others. We've survived, and not only that we have a club that is on far safer ground, has far better facilities, is more financially stable and is more respected in football circles for its ownership model and its academy than ever was the case all those years ago.
I guess many will say I lack ambition for the club. Wrong. It's probably more that I just dont share their almost, in some instances, obsessional need for promotion as if that single goal is all that matters. Yes it would be nice but for me it's not all that matters. I will continue to enjoy match day regardless of who we might be playing.

Rosencrantz

At least we still have a club then ! :rolleyes:
It's not about that. It's about the nature of football. Over an extended period of time as much changes as it stays the same. Most clubs over that time span will have been in one division longer than others. But they will all have had different ways of getting there.