• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Just to brighten up the day

The Proper Chap

Well-known Exeweb poster
Would a real City fan put anything negative on a thread about a 4-0 drubbing of Argyle? Quite shocking behaviour if they did.
:D

Who's multi is this ?

Ballzy ??

geoffwp

Very well known Exeweb poster
Lego, The game mattered because it was Argyle, We not only beat them, We BATTERED them, Simple as that.
He doesnt understand anything about our history and the importance of that game. I wonder what Torquays record is like, Lego can tell us.

geoffwp

:D

Who's multi is this ?

Ballzy ??
Doesnt need to be CB to post that PC as well you know. For many if not most of us the importance of that fixture is not to be denied.

The Proper Chap

Well-known Exeweb poster
Doesnt need to be CB to post that PC as well you know. For many if not most of us the importance of that fixture is not to be denied.
It's a multi Geoffrey.

Were you at the Argyle game Geoffrey as I believe you don't watch many of our games.

geoffwp

No, I've hardly attended a game for decades PC.

onemansview

My home is Chesterfield but my heart is in Tokyo
He doesnt understand anything about our history and the importance of that game. I wonder what Torquays record is like, Lego can tell us.
[/QUOTE]
If anyone doubts the importance of that game then you only had to listen to the Argyle fans reaction towards their team at the end of the game- think it mattered to them!

Banksy

The season was cut short due to covid19.
We don't know if we would have gotten into the autos or not. Maybe unlikely because we were on a slightly downward trend, but we don't know that for sure. So fate decided the matter : Argyle were lucky : we weren't.
PS. Yes. We capitulated in the play-off final, like we did against Blackpool and Coventry.
About right , but I must say I lean towards Lego’s view which was what I sincerely thought personally and said at the time , four nil or not Plymouth had the last laugh. Then we compounded it by not turning up in the playoff final after qualifying for that lottery.I’d still like to know what that cost us money wise over and above what we were compensated for. Bah humbug.

IndoMike

About right , but I must say I lean towards Lego’s view which was what I sincerely thought personally and said at the time , four nil or not Plymouth had the last laugh. Then we compounded it by not turning up in the playoff final after qualifying for that lottery.I’d still like to know what that cost us money wise over and above what we were compensated for. Bah humbug.
It depends how you look at it, Banksy..

Banksy

It depends how you look at it, Banksy..
Yes , I don’t want to pee on anyone’s parade , each to their own and all that.

LOG

Some of you seem to be struggling with reading and comprehension. There is a clue in the thread title, should you need it.

Take it for what it is - a reminder of a wonderful day when everything fell into place and we trounced them lot from down the road – rather than using it as another excuse to blather on with the dull and repetitive negativity.