• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Kane Wilson / Lloyd James yellow Cards

John William

Well-known Exeweb poster
I see he is suspended for two games, as this was his second red for two yellows.

I see also that James has 10 yellows, has he already had a suspension for one game,?

http://www.thefa.com/football-rules-governance/discipline/suspensions/clubdiscipline?status=0&league=33&club=10593404

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
I see he is suspended for two games, as this was his second red for two yellows.

I see also that James has 10 yellows, has he already had a suspension for one game,?

http://www.thefa.com/football-rules-governance/discipline/suspensions/clubdiscipline?status=0&league=33&club=10593404
One of James' yellows was in the EFL Trophy so doesn't count, meaning he's "officially" on 9 and therefore another yellow will mean a 2-game ban.

According to Soccerbase he missed the game after his fifth yellow, which he picked up against Heybridge (therefore Grimsby at home?) so assume he did serve a suspension, yes.

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
He was suspended for Grimsby (H) - my preview from that match stated it at the time:

http://www.exeweb.com/2017/11/09/next-up-exeter-city-vs-grimsby-town-2/

John William

Well-known Exeweb poster
Thanks both. The FA site does say 10 yellows.

I now see the suspension for the Grimsby game says it was for "Adopting an Aggressive Attitude" :D

PeteUSA

Very well known Exeweb poster
Thanks both. The FA site does say 10 yellows.

I now see the suspension for the Grimsby game says it was for "Adopting an Aggressive Attitude" :D
What a ridiculous reason given for booking a man! Whats the difference between the above, and violent conduct, which is a straight red? I imagine when the official sent that report in, the powers that be asked: What exactly do you mean? I can only assume that the referee booked him under the 'ungentlemanly conduct' rule, which would be a yellow card. Its a bit of a weak reason, carding a player for a reason thats nowhere to be found in the rule book. It seems referees are making up their own reasons!?

Grecian2K

From what I've seen and read Pete, it sounds like it was the crowd that had been "Adopting the Aggressive Attitude".

The hapless "whilstleblower" merely kow-towed to them. Still, he gave us the winning penalty (and turned "Nelson's Eye" to our encroachment on theirs) so it would be churlish to be to harsh on the man.

Billy The Fish

Well-known Exeweb poster
What a ridiculous reason given for booking a man! Whats the difference between the above, and violent conduct, which is a straight red? I imagine when the official sent that report in, the powers that be asked: What exactly do you mean? I can only assume that the referee booked him under the 'ungentlemanly conduct' rule, which would be a yellow card. Its a bit of a weak reason, carding a player for a reason thats nowhere to be found in the rule book. It seems referees are making up their own reasons!?
One of my bookings in the D&E was from a ref who said he didn't like the way I looked at him. Cost me a fiver !

PeteUSA

One of my bookings in the D&E was from a ref who said he didn't like the way I looked at him. Cost me a fiver !
If you'd contested that and gone to a personal hearing, I'm sure the D&E League Appeals Board would have overturned that ridiculous reason and over-ruled the official. Also I suspect the referee would have been sent a directive, informing him that common sense has to prevail, and re-read the rules. The nearest official rule that farcical reason could have come to was violent conduct towards the referee, which carries a (sine di) indefinite suspension. It wasnt violence of course, it was a referee who wasnt sure of his rules. We've all been there, done that etc. God knows what violation he entered on his report? And since when did the Exeter Leagues in general fine players financially for indiscretions. I haven't refereed a game over there now for over 22 years, but its quite incredible to hear that you were levied any kind of monetary punishment. That doesnt sound right.

Billy The Fish

Well-known Exeweb poster
Happened though Pete.

CC

All cards carry a fine as well now Pete. It's about £10 for a yellow I think. Red I think depends what it's for but it's higher plus of course a ban.