• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Know Your Place.

Snoop Fog

Well-known Exeweb poster
Hallet isn't just being prudent, he's $h!tting himself because Argyle's finances are in a dire state. They, and a handful of other L1 and L2 clubs may not be around for the 2021/22 season if what I hear is correct.

fred binneys head

Very well known Exeweb poster
This covid’s not all bad then?

graiser

Hallet isn't just being prudent, he's $h!tting himself because Argyle's finances are in a dire state. They, and a handful of other L1 and L2 clubs may not be around for the 2021/22 season if what I hear is correct.
“If what you hear” I think we’ve all heard that! common knowledge isn’t it.

As for Hallet, I wouldn’t worry about him crapping himself, he’s been quite open about our finances and they’re not in the state your implying but if stadiums cannot accept full crowds by the new year, then there’ll plenty of clubs L1 and L2 in dire straits yours included.

STURTZ

As for Hallet, I wouldn’t worry about him crapping himself, he’s been quite open about our finances and they’re not in the state your implying but if stadiums cannot accept full crowds by the new year, then there’ll plenty of clubs L1 and L2 in dire straits yours included.
No we've got a succesful and profitable youth policy to pay our covid bills, enjoy your short time in the "big time", your Yank boss will soon get fed up with subsidising your sinking ship, you've no future, ask Lewis Page! 😄

graiser

No we've got a succesful and profitable youth policy to pay our covid bills, enjoy your short time in the "big time", your Yank boss will soon get fed up with subsidising your sinking ship, you've no future, ask Lewis Page! 😄
Then you’ve no need to worry about your lot old chap.

Snoop Fog

Well-known Exeweb poster

It wasn't a criticism and its not really banter but your finances are a lot worse than most would be led to believe. We'll be OK, the Chrisene and Watkins money we're about to receive will see us come through this better than most. We are still running on a drastically reduced budget, whilst we await the cash, but the fact we could offer better terms and a longer deal to Lewis Page tells just part of the story that is unfolding at PAFC

graiser

You can read into that how you like but the word is you were prepared to take the risk on a player whose been plagued with injuries and we weren’t and I hope it works out for him and yourselves, it can’t have escaped your noticed that today we paid a transfer fee and signed the player on a 3 year contract, hardly the actions of a club on its uppers.
All football clubs in our leagues and a few in the championship will be on the precipice if crowds aren’t allowed to return, yours and mine included, no Club’s immune

Snoop Fog

Well-known Exeweb poster
Lowe spent plenty of money on his squad at Bury as well, so offering a 3 year deal to someone means very little. The bottom line is you were out priced by little old ecfc for a player both clubs wanted.

graiser

If you ever bothered to check the facts Lowe didn’t spend any money at Bury, that was his deluded chairman who dished out those contracts, most of which were before Lowe took over but hey if you want to believe lil ole Exeter put one over on us then you crack on, I’m very comfortable about it.

STURTZ

There is an irony here, Slime getting all excited about paying 50k for some Peterborough reject whilst City fans are wondering if we'll get 3 or 4 million for Ollie Watkins, that fee on top of the £800k we get for a 15 year old kid we've sold to Villa. Wonder what kids Argyle hope to sell on to prop up their diminishing returns, Kyle Letheren? Did well with Truro last season but who was their player of the season? City loanee Will Dean. Have you got kids Graiser, if so which club would you send your boy to if you wanted him to progress? Be honest.