• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Last Band you saw

Rosencrantz

Very well known Exeweb poster
Saw a bit of a mix of folk and comedy with a bit of blues thrown in at the TCAT tonight with the evergreen Richard Digance. Good gentle entertainment, very humourous and a mix of old and new material. A two hour set was good going for a 74 year old who picks and chooses his gigs now. He also told the audience where the term "gig" comes from so you learn something everyday. It did make me feel young tonight in an audience Richard correctly pointed out resembled a doctor's waiting room.

Antony Moxey

Barefoot Bandit at the Phoenix tonight. Proper bouncy night.

Avening Posse

I was supposed to be seeing Elvis Costello in Sydney tonight but has been cancelled due to Covid :mad:

citytillidie72

Well-known Exeweb poster
Former kasabian lead singer Tom meighan at the phoenix Wednesday night. He was brilliant.

Mr Jinx

I was supposed to be seeing Elvis Costello in Sydney tonight but has been cancelled due to Covid :mad:
Covid cancellation? That's so 2020. What is going on down there?

Avening Posse

Covid cancellation? That's so 2020. What is going on down there?
I think it was within his band. It was at the Opera House as well, so unfortunately they can’t just say see you same time next Sunday !. That said, there is a lot of Covid in Oz at the minute and it’s number 3 on the list for reason of death here at the moment

Oldsmobile-88

I think it was within his band. It was at the Opera House as well, so unfortunately they can’t just say see you same time next Sunday !. That said, there is a lot of Covid in Oz at the minute and it’s number 3 on the list for reason of death here at the moment
From the Grand Hotel* at Dawlish to Sidney Opera House...A grand old journey mate.

*What a dive that place was, though Simple Minds played a early gig there in April 1979.

Oldsmobile-88

Not the last gig, but it will be the UK Subs last ever tour soon. Charlie Harper must have been picking up his old age pension for well over a decade.
They are playing at The Phoenix, Exeter on 9th September.

I don’t do gigs these days except if The Ruts are about, but will be dropping into that one. First saw The Subs at Woods, Plymouth in June 1979.

Avening Posse

From the Grand Hotel* at Dawlish to Sidney Opera House...A grand old journey mate.

*What a dive that place was, though Simple Minds played a early gig there in April 1979.
Yeah the Grand had certainly seen better days when I used to frequent the place in the 80's. The Royal over the road used to have some epic live music nights in the 80's, Gremlin was always a favourite with the locals, both of the venues turned into flats a long time ago, way of the world !

Oldsmobile-88

Yeah the Grand had certainly seen better days when I used to frequent the place in the 80's. The Royal over the road used to have some epic live music nights in the 80's, Gremlin was always a favourite with the locals, both of the venues turned into flats a long time ago, way of the world !
I remember the name Gremlin, where they a rock covers band ?
A good music venue I used to visit on a Friday was The Pelican Pub in Torquay just up from the Police Station.
Some good memories in my there when I was 18/19. Now flats of course.