• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Last Band you saw

Avening Posse

Very well known Exeweb poster
I remember the name Gremlin, where they a rock covers band ?
A good music venue I used to visit on a Friday was The Pelican Pub in Torquay just up from the Police Station.
Some good memories in my there when I was 18/19. Now flats of course.
Yes a rock band from Exeter. The Satan Slave bikers used to turn up at the Royal to watch them along with all the locals. Them were the days !

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
Last bands I saw were two of my favourites for the first time - Manchester Orchestra in September at the Forum and Band of Horses at the Roundhouse at the end of October. Of note also was the support act for Band of Horses - Gently Tender, formed pretty much out of the ashes of Palma Violets, another band I wished I'd seen live, although Gently Tender were the best support act I've seen, and I immediately bought their album from the merch stand after the gig.

Looming on the horizon is my next scheduled gig in August - my favourite band, The Walkmen, have emerged from their "indefinite hiatus" after ten years and are touring. Seen them three times before including my favourite ever gig back in 2012.

Swanaldo

Band of Horses
Great band. I'm mildly surprised that they are still going.

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
Great band. I'm mildly surprised that they are still going.
They have had a fair few line-up changes over the years!

Bridgy 81

We saw T’pau play a one-off show in their home town of Shrewsbury last night.
My wife was a big fan of theirs in the late 80s so I surprised her with some tickets and a couple of nights away.
Not necessarily my sort of music but it was a good show.
Shrewsbury seems a nice place. I’ve only ever been there to watch City play so haven’t been into the town before.
If the fixture list is kind maybe we’ll stay there a bit longer next season.
Nice drive home too.
We stopped at Ludlow and Raglan Castle en route.
Ironically we drove passed Hereford’s Edgar Street bang on 3 o’clock. They were at home but there weren’t many people about.
I see they drew 0:0 with Bradford PA and are lower mid table in National League North.
I haven’t been there since our non league days.
I love combining football, music and history when it’s possible.

Last edited:

Oldsmobile-88

Nice drive home too.

We stopped at Ludlow and Raglan Castle en route.
Ironically we drove passed Hereford’s Edgar Street bang on 3 o’clock. They were at home but there weren’t many people about.
A49
I always drive that route to & from The Wirral. Saves a load of grief on the M6 & the M5 around Birmingham.

Bridgy 81

Home after being at Bearded Theory Festival since Friday.
It’s a medium sized set up (10-15,000 capacity) based at Catton Hall on the Derbyshire/ Staffordshire border.
I like music but I’m not normally big on festivals. But this needed to be an exception for me.
One of my brothers unexpectedly passed away in January and was a regular attender and performer at this one from when it first started on a much smaller scale about 15 years ago.
It’s a very friendly atmosphere and has an eclectic lineup.
If you like festivals, check this one out.
Best known acts I suppose this year included Primal Scream, Echo & the Bunnymen, The Pretenders,Gary Numan, Skindred and Gogol Bordello.
But there were many other types of performers and entertainers of different sorts over the various stages.
We had incredible weather, which obviously helps if you’re outside in the UK for long periods of time.
But the best bits, of course, was seeing the various tributes to my brother and spending some time with his many festival friends (who until this weekend we’d never previously met).
A very nice musical weekend with a very personal twist.

ecfc70

Muse last Saturday (probably along with a few off of here) at that hole down the road
The show from them and the support were amazing
The venue and city clearly just showed that they couldn't organise a beer up in a brewery......what a sh*tshow

sign of the chimes

Home after being at Bearded Theory Festival since Friday.
It’s a medium sized set up (10-15,000 capacity) based at Catton Hall on the Derbyshire/ Staffordshire border.
I like music but I’m not normally big on festivals. But this needed to be an exception for me.
One of my brothers unexpectedly passed away in January and was a regular attender and performer at this one from when it first started on a much smaller scale about 15 years ago.
It’s a very friendly atmosphere and has an eclectic lineup.
If you like festivals, check this one out.
Best known acts I suppose this year included Primal Scream, Echo & the Bunnymen, The Pretenders,Gary Numan, Skindred and Gogol Bordello.
But there were many other types of performers and entertainers of different sorts over the various stages.
We had incredible weather, which obviously helps if you’re outside in the UK for long periods of time.
But the best bits, of course, was seeing the various tributes to my brother and spending some time with his many festival friends (who until this weekend we’d never previously met).
A very nice musical weekend with a very personal twist.
Sorry to hear of your brothers' unexpected passing Bridgy - please accept my condolences. Lovely to read about the tributes to him - music is evocative of itself, to couple that with the human emotion must have been really touching.

Bridgy 81

Sorry to hear of your brothers' unexpected passing Bridgy - please accept my condolences. Lovely to read about the tributes to him - music is evocative of itself, to couple that with the human emotion must have been really touching.
Thank you.