• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Last film watched..

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Civil War (2024). Dramatic and brutal! The film follows a group of journalists and photographers as they travel north to Washington DC to interview the existing President. Encountering soldiers and armed militia they battle for their survival. This was far better than I expected, and worth a watch. 9/10.

Antony Moxey

Very well known Exeweb poster
Oppenheimer. Despite mixed reviews I was looking forward to this and wasn’t disappointed. The stellar cast is properly stellar and the story rattles along at a decent lick. Also despite very little happening by way of action or scenery, it’s properly tense and surprisingly so. However, the biggest thing I got from the film is just what a petty, insular, backward and paranoid country the US both was and is. I doubt I’ll see a better film this year.

10 uranium isotopes out of ten damn Commies.

Bridgy 81

We saw Back to Black earlier today.
As with all films based on a real person’s life you don’t really know how accurate it is.
But this portrayal of Amy Winehouse’s all too short life was poignant.
The lead role was played by Marisa Abela, who I wasn’t previously familiar with - I think she did a very good job.
We were in Camden, visiting the market, back in the day and walked by Amy who was unmistakable with her slight frame and sky-high beehive.
I had me wondering during the film today which part of her life she was at when we saw her.
It sounds soppy I know but if it was when she was struggling I wish I’d known as I would have liked to have said something nice to her.

Oldsmobile-88

We saw Back to Black earlier today.
As with all films based on a real person’s life you don’t really know how accurate it is.
But this portrayal of Amy Winehouse’s all too short life was poignant.
The lead role was played by Marisa Abela, who I wasn’t previously familiar with - I think she did a very good job.
We were in Camden, visiting the market, back in the day and walked by Amy who was unmistakable with her slight frame and sky-high beehive.
I had me wondering during the film today which part of her life she was at when we saw her.
It sounds soppy I know but if it was when she was struggling I wish I’d known as I would have liked to have said something nice to her.
Have you seen Amy(2015) Bridgy ?

Bridgy 81

Have you seen Amy(2015) Bridgy ?
I haven’t.
Is it any good?
If you think so I’ll try to find it and check it out.

Oldsmobile-88

I haven’t.
Is it any good?
If you think so I’ll try to find it and check it out.
It’s a good watch. It’s a excellent documentary.

iscalad

The Eagle has landed.
All good gung ho stuff.

Oldsmobile-88

The Eagle has landed.
A great cast in that film. I remember first watching it at the ABC on release in 1976.

roger wellman

Arctic pretty good survival film on ITVX.