• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Last film watched..

Banksy

Very well known Exeweb poster
It can be quite quiet at times. Vue in the next town is a lot cheaper, but not so convenient.

Nearly all the restaurants in the square by the cinema have closed meaning a night out as part of seeing a film no longer happens. We have a dearth of decent restaurants in Aldershot sadly.
Cineword have done one of those massive screens here with all the sound gimmicks etc.Admittedly we went for a late morning performance, but when we saw that Top Gun remake film a while back , including we two there was at best a dozen people there.How is that sustainable? And you’d hardly stock up on eatables at the cinema at those prices.
Somethings got to give in this coming recession and it will be all these things folk can cut out , a choice between freezing and a cinema ticket.

Last edited:

Banksy

Cineword have done one of those massive screens here with all the sound gimmicks etc.Admittedly we went for a late morning performance, but when we saw that Top Gun remake film a while back , including we two there was at best a dozen people there.How is that sustainable? And you’d hardly stock up on eatables at the cinema at those prices.
Somethings got to give in this coming recession and it will be all these things folk can cut out , a choice between freezing and a cinema ticket , no contest.

Bridgy 81

We have a dearth of decent restaurants in Aldershot sadly.
We spent sometime in Aldershot earlier this year and decided one evening to try some Nepalese food.
Obviously with the Gurkha presence in the town there are a few choices in that regard.
We knew nothing about their cuisine so went to one of the restaurants and got a Thakali Khana Set as a takeaway, which was presented as being one of the staple meals of Nepal and included a variety of different elements.
We struggled a bit to even recognize what some of the components of the meal were and a few of the tastes were unfamiliar to us as well.
But then that’s all part of trying something new, although to be honest I don’t think we’ll be rushing to return there again if we find ourselves back in that neck of the woods.

Banksy

The only thing I know about Aldershot apart from driving past it is that my wife was born there.

Alistair20000

Two Ronnies Aldershot Brass Ensemble is very good.

Cineworld looking very close to collapse. :(

Last edited:

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
The only thing I know about Aldershot apart from driving past it is that my wife was born there.
Louise Margaret hospital?

Banksy

Louise Margaret hospital?
I’d have to ask her that one.

Greyhound

Well-known Exeweb poster
Aldershot sold us Jimmy Giles.

Banksy

Not seen it myself , but wife and daughter went to see Where the Crawdads Sing at the local Cineworld yesterday.My wife isn’t an avid film lover , in fact she quite often uses a film to have a kip , but she really loved this one.Sounds different.My daughter had read the book beforehand and knew she’d like it herself but the wife’s hard to please so that was a result.

Banksy

The Sting 1973 , Paul Newman, Robert Redford , Robert Shaw.Set in the Great Depression of thirties America. Newman and Redford get their own back on gang boss Shaw. ‘ You follow ‘ ……..
Great film , great acting. 10/10