• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Latest Club News..

andrew p long

Very well known Exeweb poster
He included us in that group of people who had settled. He’s right.

That said, it’s an easy line to say now. Far braver would have been to say it at the time and put the pressure on. To say it at the end of the season is a bit vacuous. Still, he did a good job and I’m excited about next season.
I would have been disappointed if he didn't think this. There was a still a chance of the play offs, albeit right at the extreme of possibility. But (as I've posted elsewhere) at the same time Kidderminster needed to win all of their last 9 games to get promoted (including 3 play off games away at higher placed opponents). They hadn't won in their previous 9 games. They treated them as 9 cup finals and won all of them and got promoted. City would have needed something equally extraordinary but, whilst there's still even a slim chance.....

However, to think it and not say it...? It wouldn't have been that difficult to say would it?... 'our initial target has been achieved, now we're going to give our slim play off chances a go..' OK some of us (me included) and some opposing fans might have ridiculed it (especially once we lost six on the bounce...)

Memphis09

I t
GC is not right as far as I am concerned. I think it is nonsense. This is GC's weakness. Its a mind game, a power play.
Think he was spot on
We were happy to stay up as fans as we did far than we thought
The players were also happy to stay up
GC has a much different attitude and I don’t think he will settle for second best
He hAs improved the fitness of the players
Wants to play forward quicker
Hopefully with some decent signings we can push on UTC

Sexton Blake

Well-known Exeweb poster
I would have been disappointed if he didn't think this. There was a still a chance of the play offs, albeit right at the extreme of possibility. But (as I've posted elsewhere) at the same time Kidderminster needed to win all of their last 9 games to get promoted (including 3 play off games away at higher placed opponents). They hadn't won in their previous 9 games. They treated them as 9 cup finals and won all of them and got promoted. City would have needed something equally extraordinary but, whilst there's still even a slim chance.....

However, to think it and not say it...? It wouldn't have been that difficult to say would it?... 'our initial target has been achieved, now we're going to give our slim play off chances a go..' OK some of us (me included) and some opposing fans might have ridiculed it (especially once we lost six on the bounce...)
Always thought they were very slim then again I thought the same of Peterborough’s chances too and we were quite close to them at one time but they managed to squeeze in and leave their mark too by the way they played against Wednesday in the first leg of their playoff semi final.

lamrobhero

I t

Think he was spot on
We were happy to stay up as fans as we did far than we thought
The players were also happy to stay up
GC has a much different attitude and I don’t think he will settle for second best
He hAs improved the fitness of the players
Wants to play forward quicker
Hopefully with some decent signings we can push on UTC
Overall I am very happy with GC but when a manager tells me that a reason for failure is my mentality alarm bells start to ring. I may be wrong - I am very much an amateur in the sports psychology department.

SaintJames

Overall I am very happy with GC but when a manager tells me that a reason for failure is my mentality alarm bells start to ring. I may be wrong - I am very much an amateur in the sports psychology department.
Lam, I wouldn't take it personally. GC is seeking to develop a culture within the club which aims to raise the bar of success and to raise our ambitions. To do so he needs to get a buy in from the players, the staff and directors and also from us as fans. It's about being disappointed if we finish 14th next season rather than popping the champagne corks. I take my hat off to him as to do so means he is taking a big risk as the existing culture means essentially surviving in L1 is a successful season. However, by raising expectations he now has to deliver higher results

Devon Red

Well-known Exeweb poster
Always thought they were very slim then again I thought the same of Peterborough’s chances too and we were quite close to them at one time but they managed to squeeze in and leave their mark too by the way they played against Wednesday in the first leg of their playoff semi final.
The difference is, to get near Peterborough we had to be running at full tilt and Peterborough weren't firing on all cylinders. Posh have a better squad than us and it showed in the end.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member

DawlishBouy

The clubs twitter feed along with lots of other accounts appears to be fooked.
Message states: @OfficialECFC hasn’t Tweeted - When they do, their Tweets will show up here.

Super Ronnie Jepson

Well-known Exeweb poster
The clubs twitter feed along with lots of other accounts appears to be fooked.
Message states: @OfficialECFC hasn’t Tweeted - When they do, their Tweets will show up here.
The problem is at your end

Screenshot_20230602_162109_Twitter.jpg

DawlishBouy