• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

League 1 News 22-23

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grecian in Guzz

Well-known Exeweb poster
22/23 Match Ticket Pricing | Plymouth Argyle - PAFC

So not £25 a head, more like £19 on average allowing for mix of games (gold silver and bronze) and senior and youth discounts;. Also you need to take off the VAT. Net perhaps £16? Still a big increase in turnover and increased subsidiary sales (food, drink, club shop etc) but costs will also have gone up.

I very much doubt if the net is much more than 1/2 a million. Maybe 3/4 tops.

And even if it's true that their £4M injection is all ring-fenced for non-playing investment, if I was the owners I'd be open to investing some more into the promotion push; after all getting into the Championship would be worth at least £5 million. Has to be donations not loans, though, if it is used to increase the playing budget.
Apparently some of the £4m injection being used to rename to Plymuff Loangyle but given advice above maybe Plymuff Dongyle is better ?
UTC

SaintJames

Well-known Exeweb poster
Forest Green sign two more today making a total of 8 new signings! There are of course no guarantees this will achieve what they want but they are giving it a damn good go. Just shows how crap their squad was at the start of the season really

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Forest Green sign two more today making a total of 8 new signings! There are of course no guarantees this will achieve what they want but they are giving it a damn good go. Just shows how crap their squad was at the start of the season really
And then sack their manager! Utterly ludicrous decision making as ever, especially as Forest Green used to be known as a club who stuck with their managers.

MJP_Exeter

Well-known Exeweb poster
It does make you wonder how Forest Green fit into financial rules etc. I seriously wonder how much they will lose by being promoted to league one, considering they where losing shedloads of cash in league 2.

DB9

Very well known Exeweb poster
And then sack their manager! Utterly ludicrous decision making as ever, especially as Forest Green used to be known as a club who stuck with their managers.
Sorry but 5 wins all season, That is a reason to say things need to change, Whether the club should of sanctioned his recent signings is a different matter but as far as football goes, You can't complain about the club decideing to party ways. Also year after year on these boards people went on about "Moneybags" when reffering to FGR and other club's, Well as far as i can see (And the table doesn't lie) We've done bloody well in comparison to those supposed "Moneybags" Its never about how much you spend/bring in players, Its how you coach and gel them into your team. FGR are having a dose of reality that it doesn't always work out.

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Sorry but 5 wins all season, That is a reason to say things need to change, Whether the club should of sanctioned his recent signings is a different matter but as far as football goes, You can't complain about the club decideing to party ways. Also year after year on these boards people went on about "Moneybags" when reffering to FGR and other club's, Well as far as i can see (And the table doesn't lie) We've done bloody well in comparison to those supposed "Moneybags" Its never about how much you spend/bring in players, Its how you coach and gel them into your team. FGR are having a dose of reality that it doesn't always work out.
Yes, it's the timing that's the issue more than the sacking itself. Either sack him before the transfer window starts so the new manager can have a say in recruitment or give him the chance to manage the new signings and see if the results improve.

SaintJames

Well-known Exeweb poster
Yes, it's the timing that's the issue more than the sacking itself. Either sack him before the transfer window starts so the new manager can have a say in recruitment or give him the chance to manage the new signings and see if the results improve.
unless these signings were made by the Director of Football but yes agree all in all a bit bizarre. They have clearly begun to improve with a draw at our place and a narrow loss to Bolton but looking at the table they are running out of games having played at least 2 more (3 in one case) than all the teams immediately above them

The proper chap to the vegans ?

John William

Well-known Exeweb poster
The proper chap to the vegans ?
I doubt it. But they could do a lot worse.

manc grecian

Very well known Exeweb poster
I doubt it. But they could do a lot worse.
I'm not sure they could.

Status
Not open for further replies.