• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

League 1 News 22-23

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
I think the proposed new ground was also an out of town development, but on the other side of Oxford. I guess that there is not a lot of development land more central. Would be nice to have a ground near public transport.

andrew p long

Very well known Exeweb poster
Just a random (but L1 related) thought but I wonder if Cheltenham (or even the Vegans) might now be eyeing the now vacated Six ways as a venue?
(A decade ago maybe Kidderminster or Hereford might have been in the market but since their fall from grace????)

I would be intrigued to learn Mr Long's more local views on the future of that (seemingly rather nice looking and well-connected venue)
funnily enough the club most of need of a decent football ground in the Worcester area is ...erm...Worcester City! They are one of those clubs who made the familiar mistake of selling their city centre ground (st Georges Lane) expecting to be able to build a new out of town ground. But became homeless after failing to get the new ground built. They ended up ground sharing at Kidderminster for a few seasons a decade ago and subsequently for a few years at Bromsgrove, with predictable impacts on the level of home support. They now play at a ground back in the Worcester area with a capacity of only 1,000 compared to 4,500 at St Georges Lane.

I suspect any plan for Cheltenham,FGR, Kiddy or Hereford to move to Worcester would be about as popular with their fans as ECFC moving to a spanking new stadium in Torquay.

dontpassback

FGR director of football has jacked it in and gone to Pompey,once again dale vince is moaning that Pompey didn’t go through the correct channels.Ecotricty is up for sale ,and the wooden structure by the M5/has been delayed.so testing times for our vegan friend

sign of the chimes

FGR director of football has jacked it in and gone to Pompey,once again dale vince is moaning that Pompey didn’t go through the correct channels.Ecotricty is up for sale ,and the wooden structure by the M5/has been delayed.so testing times for our vegan friend
It's been a protracted appointment, we were heavily linked with him in the summer to the extent that Dale Vince tweeted his pleasure that Rich Hughes had agreed to remain.

This is supposition on my part, but reading between the lines, there was likely an agreement in place between us and Hughes/FGR but with an understanding that he would stay there until now to oversee the transition at FGR follwing Rob Edwards' departure in the Summer, to settle Burchnall in to his role as manager/head coach, and to allow FGR to start succession planning the DoF role.

I think Vince's tweet today was performance, but have no problem with it. That he's starting with us in October, and not serving out at least three months' notice suggests that is exactly what the last three months have been.

Grecian in Guzz

Well-known Exeweb poster
Lets hope a Fan Owned Club can wipe his smug face off on 31 Oct 22
UTC

cannockred

Lets hope a Fan Owned Club can wipe his smug face off on 31 Oct 22
UTC
Still made a bottom line loss though. And wages at £5.5m. Jesus..........

grecian-near-hell

Well-known Exeweb poster
Still made a bottom line loss though. And wages at £5.5m. Jesus..........
Due to extraordinary cost! Generally a good set of figures (unfortunately), does help having the TV exposure that they had last season. Even this season so far, Sky two home matches already another £200k, and we get £20K for our two matches.

If Schumacher moves on and new manager appointed let's then see what happens with their crowds, they need to keep them in the teens for these figures, but at the moment things looking rosy for them.

Grecian in Guzz

Well-known Exeweb poster
Due to extraordinary cost! Generally a good set of figures (unfortunately), does help having the TV exposure that they had last season. Even this season so far, Sky two home matches already another £200k, and we get £20K for our two matches.

If Schumacher moves on and new manager appointed let's then see what happens with their crowds, they need to keep them in the teens for these figures, but at the moment things looking rosy for them.
I believe that one of their Directors is an X Sky employee - nudge, nudge, wink, wink you know what I mean !

Andy_H

I believe that one of their Directors is an X Sky employee - nudge, nudge, wink, wink you know what I mean !
One of our 'supporters' is a current Sky Sports employee..........

Banksy

Very well known Exeweb poster
One of our 'supporters' is a current Sky Sports employee..........
My Sky Sports employee is bigger than your Sky Sports employee so there……

Status
Not open for further replies.