• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

League 1 News 22-23

Status
Not open for further replies.

sign of the chimes

I don't think we've heard a decision about the behaviour of some of our fans for the Rovers game, expensive for Barnsley
Good on the FA re: Barnsley.

I've saw similar from our fans to a few female medical/physio staff pre-lockdown; and got in to a debate with one or two who seemed to think it was okay.

I've hollered plenty from the terrace (my seat these days), that felt acceptable at the time but is rightly seen as beyone the pale now. Ultimately, stuff has progressed massively over the past thirty-odd years; I just hope we don't end up going backwards.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
An update from Oxford United on their search for a new ground

John William

Well-known Exeweb poster
An update from Oxford United on their search for a new ground

Maybe they will move to Coventry. Franchise FC, Mark 2.

Coventry City: Mike Ashley's Frasers Group serve stadium eviction notice - BBC Sport

Ashley and his organisation really are sh*ts.

dontpassback

Ashley is a peice of work,but as normal it’s all about the money,he obviously has a cunning plan to maximise his profit.as for the sky blues,there was talk of a ground share at Walsall,how viable that would be I have no idea

John William

Well-known Exeweb poster
there was talk of a ground share at Walsall, how viable that would be I have no idea.
A bit closer than Northampton but roughly the same travelling time. Capacity only 11K but that's 3K more than Sixfields.

They get around 25K at the Arena.

I suspect this is just hard-nosed bargaining by Ashley / Frasers about the rent and terms, they have the gold so make the rules, but you never know.

My Derby-supporting friends are VERY glad Ashley didn't succeed in buying the Rams.

Devon Red

Well-known Exeweb poster
A bit closer than Northampton but roughly the same travelling time. Capacity only 11K but that's 3K more than Sixfields.

They get around 25K at the Arena.

I suspect this is just hard-nosed bargaining by Ashley / Frasers about the rent and terms, they have the gold so make the rules, but you never know.

My Derby-supporting friends are VERY glad Ashley didn't succeed in buying the Rams.
When Ashley was at Newcastle everyone was saying how great he was as he kept the books nice and balanced.

When Ashley was at Newcastle everyone was saying how great he was as he kept the books nice and balanced.
can you define what you mean by the word 'everyone'??? ... think it might be different to my understanding of the word :)

Devon Red

Well-known Exeweb poster
can you define what you mean by the word 'everyone'??? ... think it might be different to my understanding of the word :)
Apologies, non Newcastle supporters who actually had no idea how badly he was running the club.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Ben Garner gone from Charlton Athletic.

tom_ecfc

Status
Not open for further replies.