• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

League 1 News 22-23

Status
Not open for further replies.

Banksy

Very well known Exeweb poster
Argo will get hunted down by either Barnsley or Ipswich and it’s going to be great to watch it happen. 😁
No, they’re getting the luck , a mark of a promotion team.Plus the fact that they’re winning pretty consistently of course , that helps!

tavyred

No, they’re getting the luck , a mark of a promotion team.Plus the fact that they’re winning pretty consistently of course , that helps!l
Luck can run out as evidenced by their wonderfully late implosion last season.
Let’s see how their nerve holds, I have a feeling they’ll bottle it again.

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Ten games left. SIX of them against each of the current top six in L1. That must be pretty unusual?
We are the only team who still have to play all FOUR of the automatic promotion contenders. 1679472334876.png

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
No, they’re getting the luck , a mark of a promotion team.Plus the fact that they’re winning pretty consistently of course , that helps!
Argyle's recent away form hasn't been great and they have a very interesting away game coming up in a few weeks time!

Devon Red

Well-known Exeweb poster
Going to be an interesting end to the season, Barnsley and Ipswich are flying.

Like someone mentioned, Argyle seem to be consistently getting the rub of the green and I've been saying to an Argyle colleague for months it just feels like it's their year sadly.

Marino

Bizarrely you lot could have a massive say in this promotion race. I don’t really expect you lot to get anything at Ipswich or Wednesday but a few points taken from Barnsley would be great for your rivals promotion hopes! Thanks in advance

Luck can run out as evidenced by their wonderfully late implosion last season.
Let’s see how their nerve holds, I have a feeling they’ll bottle it again.
There is a reason why a lot of wine bottles are green (or should that be whine :p)

Apart from Barnsley v Ipswich there are no more games amongst the top 4 so incredibly the table could finish like this:
Wednesday 108
Greenies 104
Ipswich 100
Barnsley 100

Although much better would be:
Wednesday 108
Ipswich 100
Barnsley 100
Greenies 99
after a loss at SJP and a draw somewhere else.

Banksy

Argyle's recent away form hasn't been great and they have a very interesting away game coming up in a few weeks time!
Mind you , I seem to recall those heady days in the 1989/90 season when we ourselves became champions boosted by a terrific home record.

Banksy

We are the only team who still have to play all FOUR of the automatic promotion contenders. View attachment 11264
We have a difficult run in , let’s hope the bottom four or five continue performing abysmally.

Status
Not open for further replies.