• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

League 1 News 22-23

Status
Not open for further replies.

Devon Red

Well-known Exeweb poster
I would want city to lose to Ipswich if it meant them instead of Argyle going up. 100%, not even one bit sorry about it 😂

Ready to get jumped in by the nerds!
It's a tough one isn't it.

IF we are mathematically safe and 'on the beach' and us beating Ipswich would promote Plymouth then yes, I'm with you.

Colesman Ballz

Very well known Exeweb poster
This Argyle team seems dogged by that old maxim "it never rains but it pours", having a regular habit of conceding 5 goals over the last twelve months. They even blew getting into the play offs last season by conceding 5 times in their final home match. Having put four past them on their last visit to SJP, we should be aiming to go one better this year and join the "club" ! :)

geoffwp

I would want city to lose to Ipswich if it meant them instead of Argyle going up. 100%, not even one bit sorry about it 😂

Ready to get jumped in by the nerds!
Probably one of the most ridiculous posts I've read on exeweb. Never took you to be such a plonker max.

Grecian Max

Only took Lord Nerd 12 minutes 😂😂

Banksy

Blimey, what an April fixture list we have ahead of us.Looks like we badly need to beat Fleetwood in that first game.
If we can win that one and pinch one more result off another poor unsuspecting sucker out of the ‘big boys’ six points for the month would be more than satisfactory.

Grecian Max

We will be safe. It’s second last game. Ipswich are probably the one team to stop it happening. Celebrating a win will essentially be celebrating an Argyle win.

Part of supporting City is the rivalries, you crack on being the perfect supporter/real ale fan though Geoff. Each to their own.

Plonker. Or bedwetter? What other mid century slurs shall we use and get offended by?

Last edited:

geoffwp

Only took Lord Nerd 12 minutes 😂😂
So Max, every single city fan who wants the team to win is a nerd ? I want us to win every game and I don't care about the gargs. You are consumed with your hatred of them you'd have us lose. Stay in Mexico eh?

Marino

I actually respect your opinion Max and if the roles were reversed I would completely agree with you. Uhh I feel a bit sick now

Grecian Max

I actually respect your opinion Max and if the roles were reversed I would completely agree with you. Uhh I feel a bit sick now
Cheers, and agreed - Geoff’s a bit of a special one

JJ red&white

Second last game of the season, as long as we were safe, I would quite happily see Ipswich beat us to stop argyle going up. There would be no impact on us (maybe a shift up or down one place in mid table), but it would bring much greater pleasure as a City fan to see it cause argyle slip into playoffs, and go through the playoff pain.

Arguably, for those that would want City to win irrespective of this, I would point out that having Argyle in League 1 again next year, to give us two more derbies, extra income from an attendance you are unlikely to get from any other opposition (all be it, we have sold out a fair few times this year), plus potential TV money if picked again.

Status
Not open for further replies.