• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

League 1 News 22-23

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ex-ciderrr

The fixtures are tough yes, but there is relatively no pressure on us going into April given our pretty much safe league position.

However at this stage of the season and for a number of teams above us, stakes are high and pressure is on for teams chasing the top 2 & play off slots i feel we could spring a surprise here and there, however you go every game of football to win, weather this is down flower pot playing fields on a saturday afternoon or Wembley stadium, not trying to do others favours, or lose a game to dent others or in this case The Slimes hopes, - (their hope is in their hands). For us, The teams job is to win the next game & to pick up as many points as possible and finish as high as we can in the league, im not bothered by what others may do or may require.

On Argyle obviously the dream scenario is that they bottle the top 2 and then the playoffs :ROFLMAO:

Pete Martin (CTID)

Very well known Exeweb poster
I may not be typical but I'm not obsessed with getting to the championship. It is quagmire where even the rich clubs can sink. The average championship debt is £11M. Huddersfield and Wigan are in serious trouble. Simon Hallet is a brilliant owner and the American backers have deep pockets but all I can see is struggle and financial stress for us. Two exciting seasons in league 1 have been brilliant for us and I have really enjoyed the ride.

So you might be doing us a favour if you prevent our promotion. City doing Argyle a favour, how do you feel about that? Oh the irony.

I may even offer "mad" Max a beer🤣👍
I agree with that in the main. I am in my 57th year of following city and I think you are right in your analysis. We are, without a doubt, in our best state ever imo.

What I would like to see is for us to be a consistently good performer in the top half of L1 and to try harder in cup competitions as they generate both interest and income once we get a draw against the big(ger) boys. Nothing like a good cup run.

Billy The Fish

Well-known Exeweb poster
Personally I'm looking forward to our remaining games and taking on the best L1 has to offer. These teams can come and play on our immaculate pitch in a packed out stadium or we get to go to to some proper big clubs with hopes of taking points from them. I reckon anyone who isn't up for the challenge of playing the division's best teams really couldn't have wanted to get promoted in the first place.

felix

Billy, so you should be. As a fan how great would it be to turn over as many, if not all, of the top teams that you have yet to play. Why worry about us. Imagine going into next season having had such a great finish to this season. How much better would that be than a pre-occupation with us losing. Enjoy every game and cheer your club. Or you could be an obsessive negative like Sturtz or Max who I imagine prefer Argyle losing to City winning. Saddoes!!

Oldsmobile-88

I’m looking forward to the tricky run in...Nothing to lose (except the games of course 😁) Not many will expect the Grecians to get much.
Let’s enjoy those 4 toughies on the spin at SJP, starting next Tuesday against Barnsley.

Grecian Max

Billy, so you should be. As a fan how great would it be to turn over as many, if not all, of the top teams that you have yet to play. Why worry about us. Imagine going into next season having had such a great finish to this season. How much better would that be than a pre-occupation with us losing. Enjoy every game and cheer your club. Or you could be an obsessive negative like Sturtz or Max who I imagine prefer Argyle losing to City winning. Saddoes!!
You’re posting on an Exeter forum, I mean enough said on that! Obsessive Argyle inbred taking time out to register and write up in detail on your rivals site. I want you stay down as I hate your club with a passion 😘

felix

You’re posting on an Exeter forum, I mean enough said on that! Obsessive Argyle inbred taking time out to register and write up in detail on your rivals site. I want you stay down as I hate your club with a passion 😘
I rest my case and move on. The inbred comment is about as ironic as I've seen. Goodbye all. Shame about this tw@t but we all have them.

All the best to the rest of you.

Grecian Max

I rest my case and move on. The inbred comment is about as ironic as I've seen. Goodbye all. Shame about this tw@t but we all have them.

All the best to the rest of you.
Hahaha excellent, off you pop. No time for Argyle fans on the main forum 👋

250 messages. On your rivals forum. Obsession.

felix

I live in Exeter and go to City when I can ( difficult this season, understandable). I have been watching city since 1990. I am an Argyle season ticket holder and many of my friends are City fans. Most of them are intelligent reasonable people.

Bye.

Grecian Max

I live in Exeter and go to City when I can ( difficult this season, understandable). I have been watching city since 1990. I am an Argyle season ticket holder and many of my friends are City fans. Most of them are intelligent reasonable people.

Bye.
This makes me sick - you're basically a living half and half scarf, what sort of Frankenstein monster is this. Thank god you've "left" (despite still being online viewing these boards).

Status
Not open for further replies.