• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

League 1 News 22-23

Status
Not open for further replies.

Martin Lawrence

Well-known Exeweb poster
Because there is a certain subset of fan who see themselves has great thinkers of the game. Scribbling on their programme notes, tutting at chants and collecting their pin badges. Real ale is their drink of choice and they’ve tried them all. The Argyle match is “just another game” and we should all “shake hands and be proud of Devon”

Makes me sick 😂
I love a real ale me. Not so fussed on pin badges though. Don't buy programmes either. One our of three aint bad 😀!

iscalad

Very well known Exeweb poster
I love a real ale me. Not so fussed on pin badges though. Don't buy programmes either. One our of three aint bad 😀!
You and me both.

sign of the chimes

I would want city to lose to Ipswich if it meant them instead of Argyle going up. 100%, not even one bit sorry about it 😂

Ready to get jumped in by the nerds!
I was at the Hawthorns on the final day, some 18 years ago, to witness a pretty listless and slightly understrength Pompey lose 2-0 to a West Brom side - who stayed in the top flight at the expense of another team from the same county as us. It's definitely up there as one of my favourite away days.

Edit - I do drink real ale, though.

Grecian in Guzz

Well-known Exeweb poster
I was at the Hawthorns on the final day, some 18 years ago, to witness a pretty listless and slightly understrength Pompey lose 2-0 to a West Brom side - who stayed in the top flight at the expense of another team from the same county as us. It's definitely up there as one of my favourite away days.

Pompey still in with a play off chance I see ?
What price on knocking Loangyle out ?
UTC & PUP

sign of the chimes

Pompey still in with a play off chance I see ?
What price on knocking Loangyle out ?
UTC & PUP
Arithmetically yes, but we won't get above Peterborough and/or Wycombe even if Bolton/Derby were to slip up.

The slight resurgence under Mousinho has been of some encouragement but our current squad isn't good enough to challenge at the very top of this division. It's going to be a big ask to get recruitment right in the summer - even with a reboot along the lines I'm anticipating.

iscalad

Knew you weren't all bad 😄

Grecian in Guzz

Well-known Exeweb poster
Arithmetically yes, but we won't get above Peterborough and/or Wycombe even if Bolton/Derby were to slip up.

The slight resurgence under Mousinho has been of some encouragement but our current squad isn't good enough to challenge at the very top of this division. It's going to be a big ask to get recruitment right in the summer - even with a reboot along the lines I'm anticipating.
Looks like you might get Jevani on a free

i8cornwall

You can have friends that support Argyle, I like how this is used as somehow proof of a higher level of social manoeuvring on here - they're 40 miles down the road ffs 😂

You can also definitely want them to stay down. I will state this again:

Second last game of the season.

City on the beach.

We win and Argyle get promoted that day.

Why the hell would any City fan want that? Who cares about a dead rubber win. I can't even believe it needs to be spelt out in that way.

Come on you blues.
Give it a week for city fans to turn into Wanderers fans for 24 hours during the papa John's final.

Anyway just to throw a spanner in the works of "wanting city to lose" I'm in the away end on good Friday....

fred binneys head

I'm 100% with Max on this one. I want us to beat argyle, then lose to Ipswich and I wouldn't be gutted if we lost to Barnsley on Tuesday either. If it's between Ipswich and argyle for the 2nd promotion spot when we travel there, I will be desperate for us to lose. I'll still travel and support the lads, but I will genuinely be hoping for a defeat so that argyle stay down. I don't get why everyone else isn't wired that way too, but I won't lose any sleep over it.

iscalad

I'm 100% with Max on this one. I want us to beat argyle, then lose to Ipswich and I wouldn't be gutted if we lost to Barnsley on Tuesday either. If it's between Ipswich and argyle for the 2nd promotion spot when we travel there, I will be desperate for us to lose. I'll still travel and support the lads, but I will genuinely be hoping for a defeat so that argyle stay down. I don't get why everyone else isn't wired that way too, but I won't lose any sleep over it.
I never would want us to lose any game. I don't give two hoots about any other team, including Argyle.

Status
Not open for further replies.