• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

League 1 News 22-23

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grecian2K

Very well known Exeweb poster
Agreed, it's far more likely given their size they will be wiped off the face of the earth completely. AFC Fleetwood with 500 fans HERE WE GO.
Remember seeing them playing Exmouth Town in the 1985 in the FA Vase Semi final with about that many supporters. IIRC the "muff" won 3-2 but lost the return leg 0-2 (cheating northern bar-stewards)
A return to Southern Road would be just like the good old days.

dontpassback

Incredible how gullible and selfish some of the Fleetwood fans are according to the facebook forum. They don't give a monkeys about what he has done or to who judging by remarks such as "Sending a BIG hug to Mr P he needs us more than ever right now.xxx" "We’ll be right, stick by your club and Andy, don’t give any other club ammunition to have a pop **** them all, we’re ready for this business as usual" "Spot on mate stand together stand firm" "Ap has done a fantastic job with our small town club with a massive heart
❤️
, now it's our turn too stand by our owner Andy business as usual onwards and upwards cods ."
Reading that article he seems like a real piece of work,him and fleetwood town will get what they both deserve

Rosencrantz

Remember seeing them playing Exmouth Town in the 1985 in the FA Vase Semi final with about that many supporters. IIRC the "muff" won 3-2 but lost the return leg 0-2 (cheating northern bar-stewards)
I remember going to that game. Couldn't remember the score though so thanks 🙂

Martin Weiler

Although that is not the same Fleetwood. That one folded due to financial troubles in 1997. In fact the current Fleetwood is the fourth incarnation of the Club! So a bit of history of instability there.

Avening Posse

I also remember going to that game, my only time watching Exmouth.

Oldsmobile-88

Minus the aggro around the town & ground !
The old bill had their hands full that day..I think the crowd was around 2,500 ?
It was pretty tasty off the pitch at the 2nd leg in Fleetwood apparently.

Exehausted

Minus the aggro around the town & ground !
The old bill had their hands full that day..I think the crowd was around 2,500 ?
It was pretty tasty off the pitch at the 2nd leg in Fleetwood apparently.
Russell Dawson, father of former City player Aaron, played in that game and I think he scored a couple for Exmouth. He got taken out with a nasty tackle and was taken to Exmouth Hospital for treatment. While he was there a Fleetwood fan was brought in with his jeans badly ripped and a big gash in his leg after he was bitten by a Police dog. Wuff justice!

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member

Rosencrantz

Another, no doubt stab in the dim light, attempt at League One player budgets. Can't be right, can it?

Colesman Ballz

Another, no doubt stab in the dim light, attempt at League One player budgets. Can't be right, can it?

Well taking the figure for ECFC that equates to £2.1M per year which can't be too far short of the actual figure.

Status
Not open for further replies.