• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

League 1 Top Earners

Grecian in Guzz

Well-known Exeweb poster
As instructed by those that must be obeyed below is information from Neil Le M Grecian Travel News email which begs the question if fan owned clubs can EVER compete without a level playing field ?
For any old Heleans amongst you it appears that ECFC are permanently playing uphill on Rolly Poly Hill !
UTC
PS Any ideas about how we get to the Level Playing Field please share as I'm guessing both Club & Trust Boards would like to know

LEVEL PLAYING FIELD?

An interesting article detailing player wages in League 1:

https://www.peterboroughtoday.co.uk/sport/football/peterborough-united/the-staggering-weekly-wages-of-league-ones-highest-paid-players-and-the-sheffield-wednesday-ipswich-town-derby-county-plymouth-argyle-bolton-wanderers-and-wycombe-wanderers-players-who-make-the-list-3991003?fbclid=IwAR1F_DdjB2JvTAjaLHpbbGQsrpd2q3TPXMibSmOm0XXpLgs0oWkG7JhQS4Q

If you go to the Salary Sport website https://salarysport.com/football/sky-bet-league-one/highest-paid/ you can see the top 100 and Exeter only have one player on it and it will probably surprise you to find out who.

You can then click on the link for Exeter and see what they say all our players are being paid. What’s surprising for me is not how much but how little some are being paid though I guess there are bonuses to add on as well.

What it emphatically shows is the complete absence of a level playing field we compete in.

Their “About us” page tells you where they get their information https://salarysport.com/about-us/

manc grecian

Very well known Exeweb poster
Not this again

Devon Red

Well-known Exeweb poster
I think we've established the fact we don't have any money.

Super Ronnie Jepson

Well-known Exeweb poster
Do we really need a third thread on this guff?

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Do we really need a third thread on this guff?
No we don't. Threads merged.
{sigh}

ryancooper327

Swear I need to post this every time. These websites basically lift it all from football manager, a computer game! I’d suggest 4/5 might be right purely be coincedence.

older-codger

For a site that claims to have such private info, you would think that they have a clear picture of the league structure. According to them City play in League 1 which is the 4th division and the lowest in English men's football!

jrg333

These websites basically lift it all from football manager, a computer game!
Not just any old computer game; the most comprehensively-researched computer game on any subject ever made. They have more than 1,300 scouts working for them, compared to Man City who have the most in the Premier League at 40.

There are countless articles about football teams using the Football Manager database for scouting in real life. It's 'just a computer game' but it undoubtedly has the biggest, most accurate database of footballers ever created, with more than 300,000 players. I personally trust that their figures are pretty accurate when it comes to salaries and contract lengths.

Super Ronnie Jepson

Well-known Exeweb poster
Not just any old computer game; the most comprehensively-researched computer game on any subject ever made. They have more than 1,300 scouts working for them, compared to Man City who have the most in the Premier League at 40.

There are countless articles about football teams using the Football Manager database for scouting in real life. It's 'just a computer game' but it undoubtedly has the biggest, most accurate database of footballers ever created, with more than 300,000 players. I personally trust that their figures are pretty accurate when it comes to salaries and contract lengths.
Buy they're not privy to the details of all player salaries... how would they?

Antony Moxey

Very well known Exeweb poster
I personally trust that their figures are pretty accurate when it comes to salaries and contract lengths.
How on earth would they know that?