• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

League 2 News

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fareham Grecian

I know Stevenage has become something of a hate club for some...but after several visits to Broadhall way I’ve have always found the match day experience quite different to how it’s portrayed on here, friendly fans, friendly girls in the tea hut and never any problems with stewards insisting on where you sit.
Yep, went last season for the first time with a sense of trepidation but really enjoyed it. Friendly proper club.

Colesman Ballz

Very well known Exeweb poster
I know Stevenage has become something of a hate club for some...but after several visits to Broadhall way I’ve have always found the match day experience quite different to how it’s portrayed on here, friendly fans, friendly girls in the tea hut and never any problems with stewards insisting on where you sit.
It is not Satanage per se that our fans loathe, it is their obsequious owner and Chairman, and odious former manager Graham Westley that our fans despise. The Chairman was a member of the Conference Board and took the opportunity to "put the knife in" at every opportunity, threatening our very existence. He had Eamon Dolan thrown out of their boardroom after one match, took no action after a bottle was thrown at Eamo during a match, tried to evade paying money in relation to James Dunne, by dropping him and then loaning him out, one appearance short of a payment milestone. the list is endless !

As for the stewards, if you were attending a match there with a female, wife, daughter whatever, would you not find improper for male steward to insist on checking their bra to check for an inflatable Haddock ? The wonderful chairman, again not only took no action, offered no apology and even defended their actions !

Snoop Fog

Well-known Exeweb poster
Remember when Vialli was down here in 1996 in a pre season friendly with Chelsea. He was a quality player. A game in which we won 2-1.
If I remember correctly, Bazza McConnell scored a worldy for us that day?

exeter-loyal

If I remember correctly, Bazza McConnell scored a worldy for us that day?
Yes Interesting that this has only just been spoke about, take a look at this.

23 years ago today!!!!

Red Monster

I see Byron Moore is the 5th signing from Bury.

To make him feel at home they will be renamed
Bury Argyle, we can only wish (y)

grecian-near-hell

Well-known Exeweb poster
Is he Tiswas in disguise

Marino

Jose Baxter signs. Another astute signing.

Red Monster

Tristan Abrahams has joined
Newport on a 2 year deal.

Oldsmobile-88

Very well known Exeweb poster

Interesting..Love the idea of a shirt with no sponsors,Paddy Power do have different advertising angles(Huddersfield,this week.It worked !)

Betting companies have quite a hold over professional teams in the UK,all a bit uncomfortable imo.A bit hypocritical of me to say because I always do the Sky promoted football bet(only allowed £10 max)every Saturday,it’s been a £500 profit a season.
Pays for the ST.

grecian-near-hell

Well-known Exeweb poster
Salford City, the giants of the North West, have sold 1900 season tickets, more than i thought they would with average attendance last season of 2509

Status
Not open for further replies.