• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

League 2 News

Status
Not open for further replies.

les.gtfc

Grimsby keeper James McKeown signs a 3-year contranct extention which will keep him at the club until 2022. Having initially signed in 2011 this will take him past his testimonial year, which will be well deserved for his fantastic performances and service over the years.

Reactions: ORy

ryancooper327

Just caught the intro to Sky’s EFL coverage and they seem to list every EFL team bar Exeter? Unless it was one for the few that flashed past in a split second at the end.

Colesman Ballz

Very well known Exeweb poster
Just caught the intro to Sky’s EFL coverage and they seem to list every EFL team bar Exeter? Unless it was one for the few that flashed past in a split second at the end.
Perhaps they "have it in for us" due to our formerly wobbly TV gantry ? Lol

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
A good policy and one I think we should adopt

John William

Well-known Exeweb poster
A good policy and one I think we should adopt

Agreed in principle, but needs firmer refereeing than we see in L2.

Also, it will lead to more feigning head injuries. As we know only too well, Lincoln City are past masters at this.

Oldsmobile-88

Very well known Exeweb poster
Agreed in principle, but needs firmer refereeing than we see in L2.

Also, it will lead to more feigning head injuries. As we know only too well, Lincoln City are past masters at this.
A great idea,good if all clubs adopted it.

Re feigning head injuries.Yes some players are dumb enough to do that,to clampdown on the bull5hitters any head injury should be a 5 min touch line recovery or substitution.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
A great idea,good if all clubs adopted it.

Re feigning head injuries.Yes some players are dumb enough to do that,to clampdown on the bull5hitters any head injury should be a 5 min touch line recovery or substitution.
They should be assessed for signs of concussion.

grecian-near-hell

Well-known Exeweb poster
Good point i would like to see a compulsory off the field check by a Doctor for any alleged head injury to ensure players are fit to continue.

Billy The Fish

Well-known Exeweb poster
Well done Bristol City. If this doesn't catch on at the very least it should stimulate some debate on the subject.

Pobbop

Yes, this entire thing has not been something I approve of and has been so open to abuse, with feigning injuries. The amount of times we have been building some pressure and someone rolls around like he has been shot, and you can see the players are not really buying it, but they do the accepted protocol.

I would be fully in favour if Exeter did this.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.