• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

League One 21/22

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Are they allowed to change the Stadiums name, You'd thought they'd want rid of anything to do with Kassam?
I bet they wish they could.

With the pub closed (by Kassam) it's a souless place to go.

Rosencrantz

Very well known Exeweb poster
Are they allowed to change the Stadiums name, You'd thought they'd want rid of anything to do with Kassam?
As Kassam still owns the stadium through his company Firoka, I guess they can ask but I doubt it would do relations with their still landlord any good.

DB9

As Kassam still owns the stadium through his company Firoka, I guess they can ask but I doubt it would do relations with their still landlord any good.
Seems Kassam still has a long shadow over Oxford, I did think he was in the past and owned nothing but no.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
A few clubs living with in their means

Red Devon

Talks on going between Crewe and Nicky Maynard.

DB9

Looking at the U23 Game v A****e, I thought they had a shiney new stand but to me the old standing area has just had seats put on it and tarted up a bit?

sign of the chimes

Some of those headline figures are eye-watering - and in the case of some of the 'bigger' clubs there are well known stories behind the figures. To me it's the Fleetwood figures that are the most astonishing in isolation. Accumulated losses of £20m with a single season P/L of c. £5m.

Similarly, the losses at Doncaster/Bristol Rovers and even, to an extent, Ipswich. Donny had a spell of about 5 seasons in the Championship under Sean O'Driscoll as I recall, Rovers have been in the bottom two divisions and non-league in the last ten years and Ipswich haven't been top-flight in the lifetime of pupils doing their GCSEs. Surely makes you wonder what the clubs are being used as vehicles for to post figures like those.

Bridgy 81

I bet they wish they could.

With the pub closed (by Kassam) it's a souless place to go.
Only time I’ve been there was 26th December 2015.
I remember it for the referee bottling a second yellow card for Oxford’s Dunkley when it was 0:0.
To no-one’s surprise Dunkley was subbed at half-time because even their Manager must have realized that any sort of further foul would have meant the referee couldn’t possibly have avoided sending him off.
We went on to lose 3:0 and as we’d rather stupidly put our vehicle in the far corner of the enormous car park next to the ground we were stuck there for ages.
Not my favourite Boxing Day.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Only time I’ve been there was 26th December 2015.
I remember it for the referee bottling a second yellow card for Oxford’s Dunkley when it was 0:0.
To no-one’s surprise Dunkley was subbed at half-time because even their Manager must have realized that any sort of further foul would have meant the referee couldn’t possibly have avoided sending him off.
We went on to lose 3:0 and as we’d rather stupidly put our vehicle in the far corner of the enormous car park next to the ground we were stuck there for ages.
Not my favourite Boxing Day.
Summer 2016 in August when the Olympics were on. Glorious summer day and the outside area of the pub was open to all. We won 4-2 and a great day!

Bridgy 81

Summer 2016 in August when the Olympics were on. Glorious summer day and the outside area of the pub was open to all. We won 4-2 and a great day!
I should have gone back 8 months later. Your trip sounded like more fun than mine.