• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Life’s simple pleasures

Alistair20000

Very well known Exeweb poster
I’m glad that we’re able to enjoy live music again and I’ve got my biggest gig for awhile this evening.
Creeper and The Cult supporting Alice Cooper at the new Swansea Arena 🤘
Was it the real Alice Cooper Bridgy ?

Bridgy 81

Screenshot_20220519-135223.png
Sorry, I don't understand.
How many are there?
This is the one I saw tonight.
Good show as ever, including him being guillotined as usual.
Whitesnake, Foreigner and Europe on Wednesday.
Got to do something when there's no football.

Alistair20000

Sometimes it is Tribute bands/acts Bridgy. In all honesty given his age and decadent life style I am surprised he can still perform.

Love dressing up as Alice with all the make up and a rubber snake and doing Schools Out.

Bridgy 81

Sometimes it is Tribute bands/acts Bridgy. In all honesty given his age and decadent life style I am surprised he can still perform.

Love dressing up as Alice with all the make up and a rubber snake and doing Schools Out.
No it was the man himself.
Sold out the 3,500 capacity new Swansea Arena.
He’s 74 now but I think has cleaned his lifestyle up in recent years. I believe he’s really into golf and I saw that he’d played a round at Langland Bay before the gig. Not very rock and roll.
Funnily enough I’m sure I saw him (and his wife who plays his zombie bride amongst other things in the show) walking through a shopping centre in Swansea yesterday. He obviously wasn’t in full Alice mode and the bloke I saw had short hair, so I wasn’t brave enough to approach him and ask if his stage hair is a wig!
He didn’t play as long as when I‘ve seen him previously, around 1 hour 15 minutes, hence I suppose 2 support bands who played 20 minutes and 1 hour respectively. The latter, The Cult, were particularly good I thought.
I quite like these triple bills as you perhaps see bands you may not otherwise and the slightly reduced set length tends to mean that the odd filler song they might play otherwise is dropped.
Another triple bill for me and Mrs Bridgy in Cardiff tomorrow and my research on setlist fm tells me Europe are likely to play 9 tracks, Foreigner 11 and Whitesnake 14.
I suppose it’s also a concession to the artist’s advancing years. I think this is David Coverdale’s final tour.

Swanaldo

I’m glad that we’re able to enjoy live music again.
Me too! Three gigs under the belt already this year and four more booked. 🙂

Bridgy 81

Me too! Three gigs under the belt already this year and four more booked. 🙂
Nice one.
Who've you got lined up?

Swanaldo

Who've you got lined up?
Fruit Bats, Porij, Laura Veirs and Joan as Police Woman.

elginCity

Beautiful….

Bridgy 81

Fruit Bats, Porij, Laura Veirs and Joan as Police Woman.
I confess I needed to look them all up but they seem an interesting bunch. I hope you enjoy them.
It’s good that the musical offerings available are so diverse and there’s always someone new to discover.
The ones we’ve been to this week were large, loud (and packed) arenas.
We stood at both and you had to ‘hold your ground’, a bit like at the football in the old days and dodge flying objects at times too.
But I do like smaller venues as well. There’s a pub near where I live that has a band playing most nights.
It only holds about 150 and can get lively. I plan to have my ears assaulted by Anvil there later in the year.

Swanaldo

I'm not a fan of Stadium shows really. Last gig was Newen Afrobeat at Camden's Jazz Cafe, must have been about 180-200 bodies in there, nice and intimate. Magnificent atmosphere.